We all know garlic is good for us. It’s a natural antibiotic, it boosts our immune system, and it’s even been shown to help lower cholesterol. But did you know that garlic can also be used to treat common colds, flu, and even ear infections?
Purple garlic is one of the most popular spices in the world. It is used in cuisines from all over the globe and has a strong reputation for being a healthy food.
What are the top benefits of garlic?
- Garlic is packed with nutrients.
Garlic is a good source of manganese, calcium, phosphorus, selenium, and vitamins C and B6. It also contains trace amounts of other minerals, including iron, magnesium, and zinc.
- Garlic can help improve your cardiovascular health.
Garlic has been shown to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. It also helps prevent the formation of blood clots, which can lead to strokes and heart attacks.
- Garlic can help boost your immune system.
The antioxidants in garlic can help fight off infections and viruses. Garlic is also a natural antibiotic and tips it can also help to reduce the severity of colds and flu.
- Garlic can help improve your digestion.
Garlic can help stimulate the production of stomach acid, which aids in digestion. It also helps to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria in the gut.
- Garlic can help you detoxify your body.
Garlic can help remove toxins from the body, including heavy metals like lead and mercury. It can also help to protect the liver from damage.
- Garlic can help improve your bone health.
The nutrients in garlic can help to strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis. Garlic can also help reduce inflammation in the joints.
- Garlic can help improve your cognitive function.
The antioxidants in garlic have been shown to protect the brain from damage and improve cognitive function. Garlic can also help to prevent age-related memory loss.
- Garlic can help fight cancer.
The compounds in garlic can help to prevent the growth of cancerous cells and tumors. Garlic has been shown to be effective against a variety of cancers, including stomach, colon, breast, and skin cancer read more.
Here are 5 recipes that show just how versatile and delicious garlic can be:
1. Garlic Soup: This soup is perfect for when you’re feeling under the weather. The garlic helps to clear congestion and the chicken broth is soothing.
2. Garlic Roasted Chicken: This chicken is full of flavor and the garlic helps to keep it moist. It’s a perfect meal for any night of the week.
3. Garlic Mashed Potatoes: These potatoes are creamy and full of flavor. The garlic gives them a slight kick that will leave you wanting more.
4. Garlic Bread: This bread is perfect for dipping in soups or spreading with butter. It’s a great way to get your garlic fix.
5. Roasted Garlic: This garlic is roasted until it’s soft and spreadable. It’s great on bread, in pasta, or even on its own.
So, the next time you’re looking for a new recipe to try, don’t forget about garlic. It’s not just good for you, it’s also delicious!