We would all love that perfect Hollywood smile, yet Mother Nature doesn’t always deliver. That doesn’t mean that you can’t make some improvements to your smile. Cosmetic dentistry has come along in leaps and bounds and is now very affordable and mostly non-invasive. If you are looking for ways to boost your appeal, here are a few popular dental treatments that are designed to improve your smile.
- Porcelain Veneers – This treatment can cover up a multitude of imperfections: crooked or uneven teeth and teeth of varying lengths. Talk to a leading family dentist near your home about porcelain veneers, and you might be pleasantly surprised to learn that such treatment is very effective and affordable.
- Zoom Teeth Whitening – This is the latest teeth whitening treatment that can effectively make your teeth several shades whiter. For those who live in the area, one of the Crows Nest dentists would be happy to sit down with you and look at shades to find a suitable one for you. White is better is not always the case; if you go too far, it will look unnatural and you are best advised to talk to the dentist about this. To find a local dental clinic you can trust on these matters, you can ask for referrals from your family, friends or colleagues, or you can start with a Google search.
- Crooked Teeth – Some people get used to their crooked teeth, yet if it is something that you would like to correct, there is a new clear plastic aligner called Invisalign that can be removed when eating. The dentist would first examine you and he or she would create the aligner to exert force on specific teeth, which gradually straightens. During the treatment, the dentist would change the device several times and the end result would be a straighter smile.
Lesser-Known Facts About Teeth
- Your Teeth Are Truly Unique – No two human beings have an identical jawline and that is why it is sometimes necessary to check the dental records of a corpse, to make sure that the deceased person’s identity is correct. Your dental records are stored with your dentist and they would be confidential and only released to the authorities in certain situations.
- Tooth Enamel Is The Hardest Substance In Your Body – That makes total sense when you realise that your teeth have to chomp through your food to make it digestible and for most people, their tooth enamel remains in place for their entire life.
- Making Saliva – The average person secretes about one quart of saliva per day, which is essential for keeping control of oral bacteria, of which there are more than 300 types. Our saliva contains certain enzymes that start the digestive process before the food enters the stomach and without it, we would most certainly have some serious oral issues.
Image Source: Pexels
Don’t make the mistake of thinking that only young people undergo cosmetic dental treatment. People of all ages and from all walks of life are having treatment that restores their self-confidence and what’s more, this treatment is affordable for all.