The discussions about the increasing number of daily car accidents are real. With the growing population, the number of drivers and cars on the road is growing too. Making the wrong decision while driving is the most common cause of car accidents which is also known as careless driving.
Accidents, however, are not planned and these unexpected incidents can result in your need to sue the party at fault for compensation to cover your specific losses. Therefore, hiring a lawyer who can help you get through car accident litigation will be imperative. This page may help you understand the crucial reasons behind hiring a car accident attorney.
Here are a few things that you must not do after a car accident.
Without a shadow of a doubt, car accidents can result in great tragedy and can be quite traumatic. On the other hand, accidents are also unplanned, so you must remember not to do certain acts after an accident to avoid liability, misleading communication and misrepresentation.
● Do not leave the scene of a car accident, because this can raise suspicion about your liability and involvement as well as your attempt to leave could be considered a crime. Leaving the scene of a fatal accident, for instance that involves colliding into a pedestrian for instance,may quickly turn into a criminal charge for a hit-and-run. It is suggested that you pull your car to the side of the road if you are in an accident to avoid a further collision and prevent any appearance of trying to leave the scene.
● To avoid raising suspicion or any speculation about an accident, most lawyers advise their clients to report the accident to the police irrespective of the type or seriousness of the incident. Most people believe that calling the police is essential only in a situation where someone got hurt. This is not true; in any accident where a person is hurt in any way, you should always call the police. The police play a very important role. The police will help collect accurate information from the parties, witnesses and vehicles involved at the scene of the accident. So, if you were in an accident, it may be in your best interest to hire a lawyer to help you gather evidence and speak to the police.
● A car accident is sudden, but you must never forget to collect as much information as possible. You must always remember that evidence is the most important information that your lawyer will need to help prove fault, negligence, damages and to defend you against claims by the other party.
Be prepared to quickly write down the date and time of the accident, take photos of your car, take down the insurance and vehicle information of the other vehicle, the names, addresses and statements of the other parties and witness and any other information that will help you remember what happened at the scene of the accident and how it happened.
What are the reasons to hire a car accident lawyer?
Car accidents happen on a daily basis, resulting in dents and fender benders, which the insurance company can handle and cover. When car accidents involve, however, injury, you may need a Miami Car Accident Lawyer to help you get through the legal process.
An attorney who is experienced in litigating car accident types of legal cases as well as the entire investigation and legal process can best guide you through filing a lawsuit. A qualified car accident lawyer will be able to help you claim compensation to cover your expenses and damages.
Actions you can take while finding an attorney?
An auto accident attorney’s responsibilities in representing a client is widely dispersed. They handle wrongful death, Personal Injury, property destruction, liability and damage issues. While looking for an attorney, you must concentrate on the most crucial aspects of hiring an attorney including his or her experience, qualifications and certifications. Also, look for other qualities in the area of professionalism such as soft skills, commitment, availability and fee or billing structure.
The best kind of car accident attorney will be very well versed in local and federal transportation laws as well as in how to handle communications with medical and car insurance companies. You must also make sure to check the background of the attorney you are considering hiring; to ensure that his or her license is valid, active and not subject to any discipline, which will save you time, money and any embarrassment.
When should you look for an auto accident attorney?
Before getting into the details, you must know that ideally, you should hire an attorney as early as possible after an auto accident to avoid mistakes, delay and loss. You understand that the deadline for filing for injury claims varies from state to state. Thus, the sooner that you contact an attorney, the faster you will get your insurance covered. Before working with any attorney, however, you must have clear expectations and sufficient information to discuss with the attorney about the accident.
Remember, never hide any information because that will only make the situation more problematic. Give every piece of evidence that you have managed to collect to the attorney to help prepare your case for trial and to prevent any surprise, especially in court. There are specific questions that you may need to ask before hiring an auto accident attorney.
These questions are mentioned below:
● How much is the attorney experienced in handling car accident cases?
● What are the types of injuries that the attorney can help you cover?
● How many car accident cases has the attorney handled?
● What is the fee structure of the attorney?
● What out of pocket expenses will you be responsible for?
Please note that most car accidents are handled on a contingency basis, which means attorneys work on a no-win-no-pay basis. So, if the attorney fails to win the case, the client may not have to pay the attorney’s fees. If you hire an attorney on a contingency basis, if the attorney wins the case, a percentage of the personal injury award in the judgment may go to the lawyer.
The attorney’s percentage may vary from case to case, but approximately up to forty percent of the total award up to $1 million that is won can go to the attorney depending on the fee arrangement with his or her client. Remember to be prepared to have funds set aside to cover certain out-pocket expenses for the case.
If you are confused and are looking for help after a tragic car accident, contacting Miami Personal Injury Lawyer at Berke Law Firm will be imperative. Our team has qualified lawyers to help you get through all of the hurdles in winning the case. Whether you have been hurt in a car accident where you were not at fault or had a family member who had a fatal injury due to another person’s negligence, hiring a qualified auto accident attorney will be helpful.