I am sure we all want to be creative and original. However, many of us do not realize the limits we put on our creativity and how much we could actually benefit from it if we let ourselves go more often. If you do not know where to start you might consider trying out some of these tips that will help support your own imagination and encourage your ability to think creatively.
Chapter 1: Unplug Yourself Regularly From All Social Networking Sites by Peter DeCaprio.
Social networking has become a part of our everyday lives but sometimes we need to step back and unplug ourselves from social media so we can let our own ideas grow without the distraction of others’ opinions.
1) The reason this is important is that social networking sites can actually be a drain on our creativity and time. Regularly using many different social media outlets put a lot of pressure on your brain and you will find that unplugging yourself from the Internet altogether will often result in new ideas flowing through you.
2) While we are not advocating staying away from all technology, we do recommend taking some time every day to just relax and let your thoughts come naturally without any outside influence or interference. This is especially important for those who have young children as it will help them understand the importance of unplugging themselves as well so they can enjoy normal conversations with other members of the family.
Chapter 2: Turn Off All Technology That Produces a Signal
When we are constantly receiving signals from our phones, computers, and other similar gadgets it can be very distracting for us to focus on the creative process.
1) The reason this is important is that creativity requires a lot of concentration which will often be affected if you have multiple gadgets making noise or flashing lights every few seconds. Even a dim light coming from your computer’s tower can disrupt your creative thought processes so it would beneficial to turn everything off when you really want to allow yourself the opportunity to think freely without any outside interference.
Chapter 3: Change Your Habits and Routine
If you always wake up at the same time every morning, do the same things each day at work, and then come home to do the same things each night, your brain will get into a habit of doing this which can have some negative effects on creativity.
1) The reason this is important is that if you are always doing the same thing day after day, month after month, year after year, it becomes more difficult for you to ever think outside the box. Even though many people are able to force themselves through their routines without any issues, those who want to excel in creativity should consider mixing up their schedules every now and then so they can free their minds from all constraints.
Chapter 4: Keep a Journal of Your Thoughts and Ideas
It is often beneficial for us to keep a journal or where we jot down our ideas, daydreams, and reflections on our daily lives.
1) The reason this is important is that it will help us keep track of all the thoughts running through our heads which can help us find inspiration when we are looking for something original to write about or create. We recommend keeping a journal by your bedside so you can quickly jot down any ideas before they slip away from you.
Chapter 5: Write Out Your Daydreams Everyday
If you always ask yourself “What am I doing here? This isn’t what I want to do with my life…” then you should consider writing out the answers to these questions every day in your journal or on a separate sheet of paper.
1) The reason this is important is that you shouldn’t allow yourself to feel like your current situation will be the only thing you ever experience in life. Instead, you should try to imagine all of the different options available to you and write these down so they can serve as inspiration for you later on.
Chapter 6: Use Your Imaginations to Dream up Possible Futures For Yourself And The World
If we always approach our daily lives with a ‘this is the way it has always been done’ attitude, then our brains keep cycling through the same series of thoughts which can inhibit creativity.
1) The reason this is important is that having new ideas means trying out new ways of doing things matter how ridiculous it might seem at first. This doesn’t mean you should go into your employer’s office and announce that you want to completely change the way things are done, but it does mean that you might be able to come up with a new idea or two which can help them become more successful.
By following the tips by Peter DeCaprio in this eBook you will be able to increase your creativity and live a happier life. Remember that you don’t have to follow every single tip all at once, but incorporating even one of these suggestions can help protect you from cyber attack.