Magento is a well-known open source e-commerce platform. Magento’s primary advantages are its functionality and adaptability. Their disadvantage is the difficulty in mastering them. You won’t be able to build together a website in a few hours here: you’ll have to figure it out, seek for add-ons, and perhaps even complete things by hand.
The target market
Magento is a content management system (CMS) built for establishing large-scale trade enterprises. It is pointless to use it for a store with a dozen goods; instead, invest time researching and developing. Otherwise, why such freedom of tools and access to the source code? You need to build something huge on Magento, with worldwide coverage or at least uncommon features. It is difficult for one to do this, so it makes sense to turn to a custom magento development company, because this complex platform requires a lot of effort and time.
Magento is open source and based in PHP, which improves the engine’s ability to be fully customized. However, there are instances when this is not necessary: the basic set of CMS capabilities is sufficient to create an online store and handle sales. You may extend the functionality by purchasing add-ons from the Magento shop.
You may use the engine to construct many sites and manage them all from one place. The CMS’s most important features are:
- Designed to meet the needs of search engines.
- Built-in marketing features to boost sales and improve the site’s appeal.
- Different payment and delivery options are supported.
- Support for several languages allows you to construct distinct versions of the site that open based on the visitor’s location.
- The buyer’s own account, which allows him to handle orders, payments, and deliveries, as well as see data.
- Users with the ability to provide ratings, post reviews, and create wishlists are given wide capabilities.
- A built-in mechanism for administering discount and promotion schemes.
- Advanced product filtering and site search functionality are available.
- Detailed information gathered from store performance, sales, and site visitor activity.
Search engine optimization (SEO) and promotion
Magento is technically highly tuned for search engine needs. However, it, like any other engine, requires user enhancement in terms of content settings in order to provide high-quality marketing. The following functionalities are included in the CMS’s basic functionality:
- Page meta tags are being filled in.
- The CNC is being set up.
- Adding alternative text and a title to pictures.
- Automatically generate an XML sitemap with a restriction on the amount of pages and file size, as well as a priority setting.
- There is a built-in caching system.
- Each product has a brief and extended description.
Advantages and drawbacks
The major advantages of Magento, as previously said, are functionality and flexibility, which are achieved thanks to open source code and a huge number of extensions. The following are some of the engine’s other benefits:
- A great set of pre-installed tools for setting up effective online businesses.
- There are a lot of templates and addons to choose from.
- Security and productivity tools that work.
- Multiple shops may be managed from a single admin interface.
- PWA support for developing sites that may be used as apps.
- Visual editor and built-in page builder.
- Tools for managing products and pricing that are simple to use.
- In the administrative panel, rights are differentiated.
- A robust analytics system that allows you to get a variety of statistics, including those on products movement and balances, user activity, page popularity, and so on.
The following are some of CMS’s drawbacks:
- High standards for hosting service quality.
- In comparison to popular open source CMS like WordPress or Joomla, the setup and management are more difficult.
Magento Open Source is a quality and actively developed free engine for online stores. Since a large vendor (Adobe) is behind the development of the platform, there is no need to fear that it will ever be abandoned. But its development trends have changed a lot since the first releases. From a relatively simple engine, Magento turns into a kind of CMF-system (content management framework), that is, into an advanced constructor with complex functions and settings that only professional developers can master.
And nevertheless, Magento was and remains the only engine on which you can run large-scale and very complex online stores without large investments in writing your own framework.
Most of the documentation is designed exclusively for integrators, programmers and web agencies who will be involved in the implementation and maintenance of the engine for clients. Magento development services by Elogic will always help you with this.