What’s up FaceIsSwoosh! How are you?
“Doing well! Excited for this interview, thank you for asking.
1) How did you come by your stage name?
My 2 nicknames are Faceman and Swoosh so I combined them together since other artist out there had Faceman, Face, and Swoosh so I combined them together into FaceisSwoosh.
2) When did you discover your love for music and what made you realize?
I discovered my love for music when my mother and siblings would play the radio, and music videos when I was a kid. I was 4 or 5 years old when I 1st fail in love with music.
3) To whom or what do you accredit your style of music creation to?
I accredit my style to myself as no one else has my style of rap with the flow. A lot of people say I have a west coast type of vibe when I spit but I’m from the Midwest.
4) On your current single, how did you come up with the concept?
I came up with the concept of Charlie Sheen because he went viral with his I’m winning rant at the time and I am always winning I’m some area of my life so I came up with the song.
5) What are some of your greatest challenges and your greatest attributes when it comes to making music?
My greatest challenge is being about to have the time and financial freedom of just making more music and getting my music heard. My greatest attribute is I have a DJ that is part of Shadyville DJs of the Midwest and anytime I need to go into the studio he gives me the chance to record in his studio although he is a premiere DJ.
6) Are you the best at what you do?
I can’t say I’m the best rapper because there will always be someone who thinks another person is better, but no one is better than me at creating my sound as I help the producer mix down my music and I know where to ad my adlibs/highlights, and punchlines that sounds good for my songs.
7) What are your plans in the near future as far as music goes after the release of this new single?
My plans is to drop more music and copyright it so no know can still my music without paying me 1st.
8) Is there anyone you’d like to thank or shout-out who may have helped you with completing the new single?
Shout Out to my man’s C.O.U.N.T. for being on the song and DJ Dmil for producing and recording the song.
9) What music advice would you give to your younger self?
The music advice I would give to my younger self is don’t start a rap group and just focus on yourself and music. Keep making music and flood it on all digital platforms and market your music heavily.
10) What suggestions/advice do you have for other artists like yourself?
The suggestion I have is copyright your music and register with BMI or ASCAP so you can own your music and profit fully off your music so no one else can take a dollar from what you have created.