Apps for doctors: key tools for the transformation of health  

The growing use of online consultation apps for doctors and patients in health is causing a real revolution in the sector. Although the best known are perhaps those aimed at the patient, the development of applications for doctors and hospitals has transformed and improved many aspects of clinical practice. From viewing a patient’s lab results to viewing their vital signs, these tools help diagnose, monitor, and treat disease.

One of the primary motivations in using these mobile applications for doctors is to cover the need to access information and health data of patients from their electronic medical records. Thus, these apps for the Electronic Medical Record aim to improve care and obtain better health results. 

Moreover, the mobility of health data makes it possible to trace the evolution of patients without having to be in the hospital and when needed. But this is not the only benefit derived from the use of these apps for health personnel. In this article, we will try to address the most important ones.

Main benefits of apps for doctors

A mobile application that facilitates access to relevant patient information generates a certain level of comfort for doctors and nurses because they are sure that their patients, wherever they are, are controlled.

  • Access to the patient’s clinical information from anywhere. Integrating relevant information from the patient’s clinical history with these mobile applications makes it easier for health professionals to access quickly and efficiently health data from anywhere.
  • Improve decision-making. A benefit derived from the previous point is that health professionals can make more informed decisions based on patient data in real-time by allowing access to relevant information.
  • Improves the quality and continuity of care. Mobile health applications allow clinical professionals to access the patient’s Medical Record from anywhere, improving the quality and continuity of patient care.
  • Greater efficiency and productivity. The use of mobile applications by health professionals optimizes their work since it allows faster and more efficient access to patient information and improves coordination between health professionals.
  • They have increased patient safety. Mobile applications for health professionals enable continuous monitoring and follow-up of the patient’s condition. Through these tools, doctors and nurses can review vital signs, laboratory tests, or patient progress notes, allowing decisions to be made without being in the hospital.


That technology has transformed the way we relate to the world is something that, at this point, is unquestionable. And, we live in a world in which if something can be digital, it will be. In this sense, mobile health has contributed to this transformation in recent years.

According to a study, 60% of the time we spend in the digital world is spent using applications  A use that has increased by 111% in the last three years. 

Today we use apps for (almost) everything: communicate, buy, watch videos, manage our savings, look for work, exercise, or even find a partner, among a long list of etceteras.

An authentic revolution has not taken long to reach the health sector and became a key trend in 2021. And it is here to stay.

Mobile apps will change the future of healthcare and clinical practice forever. The rapid growth of mobile health currently reveals staggering numbers: more than 97,000 health apps are downloadable today. Of these, 70% are for wellness and sports. The remaining 30% are exclusively for health professionals and patients, like applications that facilitate access to patient health data, monitoring, diagnostic imaging, or medication control, among others.

Powered by: Google

Anil Baswal
Author: Anil Baswal

About Anil Baswal

Check Also

A Comprehensive Guide to Dentist’s Pain Management Methods

Dental procedures can be intimidating, so it’s important to make sure that patients feel as …