If you are considering buying a new phone, why discard the old one? When you have a phone in good condition, it is always good to sell the device. There are various sites all over the web that are involved in buying-selling-exchanging of used devices. In fact, exchanging phones can be a great way to get a new device for a discounted price. There are a number of buyers out there willing to pay a good price for your old device. If you think your old phone is in a good condition and can be used for a few more years by someone else, it is rational to find a new owner for that device.
So before you set out to sell your old phone online, here are a few helpful tips that can help you through the process.
- Take care of your personal data: When you have decided to sell your used phone, the first thing you should consider is your data. When you have been using a device, there is a lot of private information that is put into it. Your primary task should be to clear all the data – contacts, pictures, audio and video files, the applications you used, etc. Do a factory reset on your device so that any information from the previous use is removed from the phone before you hand it off to someone else. It will also make sure that you avoid any trouble with the phone’s system and storage after you sell it.
- Make a few repairs if needed: When you sell and trade your phone online, you should make sure that your product is worthy of the trading. If you try to sell a broken phone with exterior damages, there is a good chance you will never manage to sell it. Before selling the phone, check that your exteriors and hardware are intact. Make the necessary repairs to the device and check whether the charging ports and other jacks are in good, usable condition. This reduces the chance of any complaints coming from the new owner of your phone. When you sell a device online, a good-condition device also makes sure that your ratings help you in the later sales.
- Go only on the trusted sites: The news of fraud is very common in the online trading market. There are often instances where the buyer or seller had been affected by the dishonesty of either party. So, a seller can never be too careful. Always search on the trusted trading and exchange sites that assure the secure transaction and dealing of devices. Find a specialized site that will help you get in touch with the right buyers, get in touch directly and proceed from there. There are a number of options open to sellers at this point, so making an informed decision is fairly easy.
- Get an honest but good deal: While you are looking for the prices for your device, make sure that you have the right idea. Underselling is never a good idea, neither is overselling. Based on the usage and condition of your phone, decide how much price you can get for it. Put up that price on the selling platform and open for bargaining. You need to keep a straight and direct line of transactions, given that everything is done in an honest and secure manner. Try not to bargain too much on the price because this can mean your customer will take undue advantage of the situation.
- Never hide anything from the buyer: Always remember that your buyer will be the person using your device after you sell it. Perhaps it is an investment for them in a situation of emergency. Consider all these factors and be open about your product. Share pictures and authentic information about your device and tell them about the specifications. Once you share pictures, it gives the buyer a clear idea of what they want to buy. If possible, meet in person to complete the transaction. This will help to create mutual trust between the buyer and seller.
Selling a used device in good condition for a good price is a great idea. Perhaps the buyer of your device can find something they want, and you can use the money for good use. Don’t discard a perfectly good device, trying to find a way around!