Today we will discuss how to connect HP LaserJet printers to Wi-Fi
HP LaserJet isa laser printer suitable for high-quality printing. It supports black and white as well as colourprinting. These printers can be connected via a wireless network and also support a USB cable connection.
There are 2 ways to connect an HP LaserJet printer to Wi-Fi-
- Push-button method.
- Pin method.
- Wireless router.
- A computer system.
- Strong and fast internet connection/ network.
- WPS password.
1. Push Button Method
This push-button feature may not be available for every printer so this method can only be used for those printers having WPS button.
• Connect the printer with a power switch and switch on the power.
• Press the power button on the printer and let the printer start.
• Insert the ink cartridges properly and set up the printing paper on the paper tray of the printer.
• Now go to the printers control panel.
• On the control panel press the wireless button and power button for 3 second till the wireless light start flashing.
• Click the setting option.
• From the network menu select the Wi-Fi protected setup.
• Now click the WPS button option on the printer.
• Now go to your wireless router and press the blue colour WPS button on the router for few seconds.
• Let the printer connected to the network. When the Wi-Fi setup will be completed. The printer will notify you as the wireless button blue light will stop flashing and will remain lit.
2. PIN method or password
This method also applies for hp deskjet 4152 wireless setupor for all the printer models for a Wi-Fi setup.
- Connect the printer with a power switch and switch on the power.
- Press the power button on the printer and let the printer start.
- Insert the ink cartridges properly and set up the printing paper on the paper tray of the printer.
- Now go to the printers control panel.
- On the control panel press the Wireless button.
- From the network menu select the Wi-Fi protected setup option.
- Choose Pin method option.
- The printer will search for a network available for the printer.
- Now select your network from the list.
- Enter your WPS pin or Wi-Fi password in the given space.
- Your printer will take some time, when the printer is connected to the Wireless network the Wi-Fi light will stop flashing and will remain lit.
This is how you can connect your LaserJet printer with the Wi-Fi. After your printer is connected to a network then go for the download and setup of the drive.
Printer Drive installation:-
- Install the printer drivers to complete the Wi-Fi connection setup.
- Open any browser and search for model number.
- Click on setup and derive on the home page.
- Enter your model number or printer name.
- Select Window as an operating device and Window 10 – 64 bit or 32 bit as your window version.
- Select the drive suitable for your window.
- Click the download button and let it download.
- Double click the downloaded .exe setup file and open it.
- A window will open up stating installing the set-up.
- Run the set-up and allow the programme to make changes to the computer.
- Click next.
- Accept all the terms and conditions and license agreement and click next.
- Connect your printer with your computer through a USB.
- Select the manual setting option from the next screen and click next.
- Select your network from the list.
- Click next.
- Enter your network password in the given space.
- Click next. Your installation process is completed, now you can disconnect your USB from the printer and computer.
- If you don’t have a USB cable, then just open your HP utility setup window and add your printer from the list and continue. Select your network and type the password. And click continue.
- This will connect your computer with your printer through a network.
- This completes your setup.
- If you want to check your printers working. Select the file you want to print and print it via Wi-Fi. If prints come out properly, it means your set-up was successful.