Firestick has so much to offer and if you know how to use it properly then you can do wonders. I am using firestick for more than a year and so far I have discovered lots of hidden settings. When I got the firestick for myself I always wondered whether I could install third-party apps on firestick or not.
I read somewhere that only jailbroken firestick can install 3rd party apps on firestick but after messing around I finally figured out that installing 3rd party apps or sideloading apps on firestick is just a piece of cake. So, I decided why not create an article regarding the same so that users who are new to firestick can figure out how to install third-party applications on firestick.
Amazon app store has plenty of applications but there are so many applications such as Google Chrome, Instagram, etc that are not available on firestick. But after reading this guide you can install thousands of third-party applications on firestick. Firestick lets you install thousands of 3rd party applications and if you want to know what apps you can install then you can read more about it.
Before I tell you the way to install third-party apps on firestick, we need to make some changes in the settings of firestick.
Enable Apps from unknown sources on firestick
It is very important to enable apps from unknown sources because without enabling it you can not install 3rd party apps on firestick. By default this setting is disabled, so we have to enable it first. You can read the below steps if you don’t know how to do it.
- First of all, go to the settings of firestick.
- Now you need to click on the My fire TV option.
- Now scroll down and you will see Developer Options.
- You will see two options now, simply enable the second option that is Apps from unknown sources.
- After doing that it will ask for confirmation, simply click on Turn On.
- Go back to the home screen now.
How to Install Third Partys Apps on firestick
Installing third-party apps on firestick is really very easy task. Right now there are two applications that can help you in sideloading or installing apps that are not available on firestick.
- Downloader App
- Es File Explorer App
So, above are the apps that can help you in installing third-party apps on firestick. Both these apps are trusted and used by millions of users. It up to you what application you are interested in using. Below I have explained how to use both these apps to sideload apps on firestick.
How to Install 3rd Party apps on firestick via Downloader
Obviously, you need to first download the Downloader app on firestick first. So, if your firestick doesn’t have this app installed then go ahead and install it from the Amazon App store and after that, you can follow the below steps to install third-party applications.
- Open the downloader app on firestick.
- Now you will see the home screen of downloader app.
- Now you need to enter the source URL of the APK that you want to download. Basically, you can get the source URL of APK from website like APKpure or APKMirror.
- After getting the URL you need to type the same URL, make sure you are typing the source URL of the APK not the web page.
- After entering the URL hit the go button.
- Now downloader app will start doing its job and the download will start in no time.
- Wait until the download is done and then you can install the app on firestick by following the on-screen instructions.
Now let’s see how we can install third-party apps on firestick via Es File Explorer.
How to Install Third-Party apps on firestick via Es File Explorer.
Again you need to have the ES File Explorer application installed on firestick. You can install this application directly from the amazon app store. After installing the app you need to follow the below instructions to install or sideload apps on firestick.
- Open the Es File Explorer on your firestick.
- Now click on the Downloader option.
- After that, you will see the ‘+’ sign on the bottom side, click on it.
- A box will open asking for path and name, simply enter the source URL of APK in the path and the name of the application in the name section.
- Once that is done, click on Download now button.
- Es File Explorer will now start downloading the APK.
- After the download is done you can follow on-screen instructions to install the App on firestick.
So, that’s it, guys. This was the tutorial on how to install third-party apps on firestick easily. If you have any queries then do comment below.