The Nil VAC is a legislative instrument to provide former Subclass 600 Visa holders to get a new Subclass 600 Visa. It’s an amazing opportunity for people who couldn’t travel to Australia due to Covid-19 Pandemic. The former Visitor Visa Subclass 600 Visa holders with Nil Visa Application Charge (VAC) can apply for a new Subclass 600 Visa.
Legislative Updates on Visitor Visa Subclass 600 – Nil VAC
LIN 21/021 Class of persons for Visitor (Class FA) visa nil VAC) has been changed under the policy of Migration (Class of persons for Visitor (Class FA) visa nil VAC) Amendment Instrument (LIN 21/033) 2021 – F2021L00534.
It has to be done to make it clear that Visitor Visa Subclass 600 holders have been included in the Nil VAC for Visitor Visa arrangement who had got their visas before 21st of March 2020 outside the country. Furthermore, this instrument was introduced on the 27th of February 2021 with the collaboration of LIN 21/021.
Biosecurity – High Risk Country Travel Pause
As the third wave of Covid-19 Pandemic is making the situation worst all over the world. The Government of Australia has imposed a strict travel ban under the law of Biosecurity (Human Biosecurity Emergency) (Human Coronavirus with Pandemic Potential) (Emergency Requirements—High Risk Country Travel Pause) Determination 2021 – F2021L00533.
This has to be done to avoid more corona cases and reduce the death rate in the country. As India is currently having most of the Covid-19 cases. Therefore, the Government of Australia has completely banned flights from India. People who have stayed in India in the past 14 days aren’t allowed to travel to Australia through an international or Australian Government facilitated flight.
However, there are some categories of passengers who are free from this travel ban policy.
- The staff members of ships and airplanes are allowed to travel to Australia.
- People who work in internal and external transportation of goods can fly there.
- The employees working in an authorized organization for the wellbeing of the community of Australia.
- People who have the Subclass 995 Diplomatic Temporary Visa by the state are free to travel to Australia anytime.
- Members of the diplomatic or foreign official’s family are allowed to visit Australia.
- The employees who work in welfare and health maintenance areas of ships, and aircraft can easily move to Australia.
- People associated with the Australian Medical Assistance Team (AUSMAT) are allowed to get a flight for Australia.
The travel ban and categories are made to protect the country from the deadly Coronavirus. People have to respect this law and cooperate with the Government of Australia. Moreover, if somebody doesn’t follow these rules so he will be punished under (un s479 of the Act) policy. This policy was implemented by the Government of Australia on the 3rd of May 2021 and will be lifted on the 15th of May 2021.
Family Stream Visa Allocation 2020-21
The Australian Government is going to introduce the policy of Migration (Granting of contributory parent visas, parent visas, and other family visas in the 2020/2021 financial year) Instrument (LIN 21/025) 2021 – F2021L00511. The implementation of this policy was started on the 1st of July 2020 and will be ending on the 30th of June 2021. This legislative mechanism has been made under the Sub-section 85(1) of the Migration Act 1958 (Cth).
The main goal of this legislative instrument is to offer Contributory Visas and other visas which fall under the category of Family Visas. It aims to provide maximum family visas in the financial year.
The visas are going to be provided by this legislative mechanism. They’re:
- 500 Other Family Visas
- 900 Parent Visas
- 3,600 Contributory Parent Visas that will consist of 125 visas under the Pathway to Permanent Residence for Retirees as per the Migration Amendment (Pathway to Permanent Residence for Retirees) Regulations 2018 (Cth).
The following classes of visas are included in the Contributory Parent Visa.
- Contributory Parent (Temporary) – Subclass 173
- Contributory Parent (Migrant) – Subclass 143
- Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) – Subclass 884
- Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) – Subclass 864
- Visa classes that are included in the Parent Visa are:
- Parent (Migrant) – Subclass 103
- Aged Parent (Residence) – Subclass 804
- There are some other classes of visas that are included in the Family Visa. They consist of:
- Other family (Migrant) – Subclasses 114 Aged Dependent Relative; 115 Remaining Relative; 116 Carer
- Other family (Residence) – Subclasses 838 Aged Dependent Relative; 835 Remaining Relative; 836 Carer
Due to the third wave of Covid-19 Pandemic, situation is very critical all over the world. The Government of Australia has imposed a strict travel ban. So, It’s an amazing opportunity for people who couldn’t travel to Australia due to Covid-19 Pandemic to travel on these visas if they are eligible.