Fruit Frenzy is a casual multiplayer game that requires quick wits and fast reaction time. As one of the many titles in the Pocket7Games collection, Fruit Frenzy also affords players the chance to earn real money in head-to-head competitions against players with similar skills!
If you’re looking to gain a competitive edge and earn the highest score possible, it’s important to master the Fruit Frenzy power-up system. If you understand how to best utilize power-ups to clear your Fruit Frenzy board quickly, your opponent won’t know what hit them.
Racking Up Points in Fruit Frenzy
To get the highest possible Fruit Frenzy score, you’ll need to know the scoring system inside and out. Points in Fruit Frenzy are scored in six main ways:
- Clear points. Clearing a pair of fruits earns you 300 points.
- Speed bonus. Up to an additional 100 points are awarded based on how quickly you match fruit pairs.
- Column bonus. Eliminating an entire column from the board is worth 300 points.
- Row bonus. Eliminating an entire row from the board is worth 400 points.
- Full clear bonus. Clearing the entire board is worth 1,000 points.
- Time bonus. If you’ve cleared the board and there’s time remaining at the end of the round, you’ll earn points equal to the amount of time remaining x100.
Strategies to Earn Points in Fruit Frenzy
Once you have an understanding of how points are awarded, it’s wise to follow a strategy that takes advantage of each opportunity. Paying close attention to the board and reacting quickly can help ensure that you get each and every possible point bonus.
Here are some key strategies to follow while playing Fruit Frenzy:
- Be quick. You earn 300 Clear Points for each fruit that is successfully cleared, and based on the speed, you’ll also earn up to an additional 100 points. Therefore, as soon as a fruit is called, it’s important to find a pair that can be cleared as quickly as possible. Moving quickly allows you to earn as many points as you can during the game.
- Match pairs that open the board. When multiple pairs are available to match, go with the pair of fruits that will open up more spaces on the board, allowing you to clear more fruits going forward.
- Eliminate rows and columns. Do your best to set up rows and columns to clear as quickly as possible to earn the 300 point Column bonus and 400 point Row bonus. When presented with a choice between the two, choose clearing the row to earn more points.
- Earn your time bonus. By matching quickly and clearing rows and columns, you’ll be able to make your way through the entire board with speed. If you clear the board before time is up, you’ll earn a significant time bonus.
How Power-Ups Allow You to Earn High Scores in Fruit Frenzy
During a round of Fruit Frenzy, three power-ups may appear, giving the player an opportunity to clear more fruits more quickly. Here’s how to use them to get the highest score possible:
- Fruit Bomb. The Fruit Bomb pauses the timer and clears any pair of fruits. It’s best to use the Fruit Bomb to clear a pair of fruits that are blocking another fruit. The Fruit Bomb should also be used when all three power-up spots are going to fill up. This way, you can ensure a steady stream of power-ups.
- Fruit Filter. The Fruit Filter prevents a fruit that’s already been cleared from being called again. If you’ve already cleared a specific fruit, use the Fruit Filter immediately to prevent it from being called for the rest of the game.
- Triple Bomb. The Triple Bomb clears any three pairs of fruit. The Triple Bomb should be saved until there are three pairs of fruits remaining on the board. Using the Triple Bomb too early may cause you to lose your chance at earning a Full Clear bonus.
Power-Ups for Powerful Scores
Of course, power-ups are just one tool to help you earn the highest possible score. If you’re still struggling to master the board and earn the elusive Full Clear, be sure to check out our additional tips on the best Fruit Frenzy gameplay strategies. With enough skill, you’ll be on your way to taking home the top score (and the most cash) each and every time!
Get in on the Fruit Frenzy action by downloading Pocket7Games today in the Apple App Store.