Most of us are very particular about taking care of our skin, hair, and hands. But do you moisturize your feet daily as your face and body? Feet are the most constant ally in your busy life, so it’s important to get the care and love, it will keep them healthy, and leave your feet feeling better.
To avoid foot problems you need to practice simple foot care. Here we’ve discussed some essential foot care tips you should include in your schedule. Let’s check out.
Best Foot Exercises
Here are few exercises to keep your feet healthy
Walking is one of the best ways to maintain healthy feet. Its low impact and the added cardiovascular and circulatory benefits to your overall health.
To loosen up your arches and soothe your muscles, roll a frozen bottle of water under your heel and arch for 10-20 minutes per day.
Moisturizing helps to keep your feet soft and supple, and also helps combat cracked heels. For dry skin, try to choose a moisturizer infused with Vitamin E, antioxidants, and Argan oil twice a day.
Tips for Healthy Feet
- Wearing dark nail polish all the time can yellow your nails, so try to give your toenails a break from nail polish.
- Replace your shoes about once a year, this helps prevent foot problems, such as plantar fasciitis.
- When you choose closed-toe shoes wear socks every time, it helps to prevent foot fungus.
- Choose socks made of blended materials to retain shock absorption qualities and to avoid wick wetness from your skin.
Foot Care Tips To Enhance The Natural Beauty Of Feet
Check out these simple foot care tips and tricks to enhance the natural beauty of it.
Wash Your Feet Regularly
Wash your feet twice daily, you can use mild soap and lukewarm water to get rid of sweat and dirt that might be present on your feet. Don’t use hot water, this can strip away your skin’s natural oils and make your feet more prone to cracks.
Try to exfoliate your feet twice weekly, use a foot scrubber to get rid of dead skin cells. Also, make sure to use a gentle filing motion and avoid rubbing your feet too hard as mentioned in Soul Factors Blog. Soak your feet in lukewarm water for at least 10 minutes prior to scrubbing.
Keep your feet moisturized by using the moisturizer with deep penetrating properties to help keep the skin supple. Apply moisturizing cream at night then wear soft, cotton socks to bed. It helps to hold the moisture for hours and will give you a feel of softer, smoother, and crack-free heels. But avoid the application between the toes because the excess moisture that builds up between the toes enhances the development of athlete’s foot fungal infection.
Foot Care Tips for Dry & Cracked Heels
Dry & Cracked Heels is a common problem in the dry season like winter, it can become pretty painful. And severely cracked heels often make us uncomfortable in public. So let us know how to fix cracked heels constantly and what causes cracks in feet.
What Causes Cracked Feet?
- Shoes that don’t offer proper support.
- Standing on a hard surface for a long time.
- Walking Barefoot.
- Using wrong skin products that could scrape off natural oil from our skin and leave our feet dry.
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Sjögren’s syndrome
- Lack of essential Vitamins in a body
- Athlete’s foot
- Palmplantar Keratoderma
- Infections caused by fungus.
Effective Foot Crack Treatments To Do At Home
Best home remedy for soft feet and its moisturizing properties and comprises Vitamins like B6, C, and A will help to keep the right elasticity level on the feet’ skin.
- Take some ripe bananas and blend them to form a paste.
- Apply the paste all over your feet and keep it for about 20 minutes.
- Then wash it off with cold and clean water.
Try this highly effective natural foot crack solution at night.
- Take a tub full of warm water and mix 1 cup honey to it.
- Clean your feet thoroughly and soak them in the mixture.
- Massage your feet while soaking tenderly for about 20 minutes.
The auxins and gibberellins of aloe vera help with the cracked feet situation. Try this process before getting into bed.
- Put your feet in warm water and remove the dead skins by using a pumice stone.
- Use a soft towel to make your feet dry and then apply a thick coating of aloe vera gel to both of your feet.
- Put on cotton socks and in the morning wash your feet with slightly warm water.
- Do this process for 4-5 days to get the expected result.
Love the skin on your feet too. Take care of your feet regularly by including them in your daily skincare routine to get perfect feet in no time!