Jailbreaking an Amazon fire tv stick means sideloading the device by allowing it to download third-party apps that are originally either banned or have not been vetted by Amazon. Jailbreaking is not illegal as we only change a few settings to download third-party apps and stream free movies, web series, games, and cartoons.
However, when we download third-party apps, we can access un-checked and copyrighted content. You must ensure that you do not go beyond the legal boundaries set by the authorities. If you stream any content that is copyrighted or restricted by Government, you might land in trouble because the Government is tracing your IP address at all times.
When you download third-party apps, you do not know the developers; hence it is recommended that you use a VPN to safeguard your data and security from any threats.
This guide will help you learn how to jailbreak a Firestick. Using this process, you can jailbreak FireStick 4k, Fire TV, New FireStick Lite, and Fire TV Cube.
Install APK Downloader on Firestick
- Go to the home screen of your Amazon Fire Tv Stick.
- Hover your mouse to the Find option.
Note- if your Firestick Operating System, select the search option available in the top -left corner of your Fire Tv (you will need to click on the lens icon)
- Type Downloader on this search window.
- Click Downloader from the suggestions that display on your Amazon FireStick TV screen and press enter.
- Next, you will see the Downloader icon displayed on your screen, click on that and select Download or Get, whichever option is being displayed on your screen.
- The app will download and install on its own.
- After this, you will see Open being displayed; click on it to launch the app.
- You may see a few prompts as you are using it for the first time; dismiss them all.
Before you start using the Downloader app, you will need to update a few settings to jailbreak the FireTV Stick. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the Home screen of your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Click on Settings (Either a gear icon or cog Icon will display on the far right). You may find it elsewhere if the Amazon FireTv is Old
- Choose the My Fire TV option from the displayed window.
- On the next window, please select the option Developer Option, Switch on ADB Debugging and click on Install Unknown Apps/ Apps from Unknown Sources, turn it ON.
- Click on Downloader and turn it ON
Now, press the back button and select Preferences> Open Privacy Settings
- Turn OFF: Device Usage Data and Collect App Usage Data
- Go back and turn OFF Data Monitoring.
You will now be able to Jailbreak the FireTV Stick and stream your favorite content.
Open Downloader > Click on the URL box and type the URL of the app that you want to download.
After the apps are downloaded, click on Install or Run, and you are good to stream your favorite content on your Amazon FireTV Stick Device.
Now that you have Sideloaded your FireTv stick, we recommend using a good VPN for your device, so you have the safety of your data and hide your streaming activities from Government. You can download the VPN in the same way that you download your apps using Downloader and use it.
We do not, in any way, encourage you to stream any content that is not available in the public domain or is banned by the Authorities.