Online streaming and digital gadgets are becoming a norm for many families globally. Technology has innovated unique streaming gadgets such as Firestick. A device which offers movies, live TV shows, sports, documentary and more. Users can enjoy live TV on Firestick by just plugging the device on the cable TV. Firestick accommodates third-party apps to help users gain more online content.
The internet has apps such as Kodi, available on all devices, Mobdro, Live Net TV, swift streamz, TV catchup, and more. The majority of the apps are available on both Android and IOS devices. However, it’s challenging to have Mobdro for iPhone directly unless the user implements other apps. All the apps are designed to provide online streaming services and keep the user entertained with the latest movies and shows.
However, it’s frustrating when your Firestick keeps buffering while you’re watching a movie or best TV show. The experience means something is wrong with your Firestick or internet connection. There are minor issues that are common to solve. However, there can be more to the buffering besides the internet connection. The Amazon Firestick can buffer if you’re downloading content while watching the downloaded part. The device will show the buffering icon and also stop the video from completely downloading the whole video. If the problem persists, you can check for the following reasons.
- The ISP throttling
The ISP has access to all online activities; they might slow the internet on purpose. They can reduce the download speed if they notice you’re downloading more content. To curb throttling, you can invest in VPN software to hide your data, identity, and location.
- Hardware limitation
Besides the internet connection, government, and ISP. The problem could be from your Firestick hardware, Ethernet cable, router, or modem. Firestick tends to block or buffer if the user overloads it with apps. Some of the apps might have malware with affects the functionality of the Firestick. You can delete unwanted apps to allow for space in the Firestick.
- The remote server malfunctions
The buffering issue may be caused by problems from the server hosting the video content. This can cause malfunctioning or slow connections. You can either delete or opt for another video.
- Slow internet connection
Your internet connection can cause buffering if it’s too slow to accommodate video streams.
How to Stop Buffering on Firestick
After learning the root cause, you can quickly solve the problem. Here we have several ways to stop buffering on your Firestick. However, please don’t make any changes without confirming it’s the internet connection.
- Restart your Firestick
This the first and most straightforward solution; try to restart the Firestick and check whether the buffering will stop.
- Open your Firestick and click on the settings tab on the menu.
- Next, choose the tab “my Fire TV.”
- Proceed and select the option restart. The page will send a message requesting whether you want to restart the device.
- Click restart to confirm the action; automatically, the Firestick will reboot.
- Uninstall unnecessary apps
If the apps exceed the Firestick storage, the device will act slow and might not play the content. The user must delete unnecessary apps.
- Go to the setting menu and click “applications.”
- Next, click managed installed applications. The option will display the remaining storage.
- Choose the app you wish to delete; the app details will display on the screen.
- Click uninstall, repeat the action to confirm,
- Clearing app cache on Firestick
- Open the Firestick setting menu page.
- Click on the application option.
- Proceed to manage installed applications.
- Select the app from the list.
- Now choose to clear data or clear cache. If you remove the cache, the system will keep the information and settings of the app. If you opt to clear the data, the system will reset the app to factory reset and clear all details related to the app. this includes the login information.
- Turning off collect app usage
Once you download apps on your device, the Firestick tends to collect all the apps’ information. Some of the apps use background connections during streaming. The user should turn off the background process to stop buffering.
- Visit the homepage menu and click on the setting tab.
- Next click preference>privacy settings.
- Now click select the collect app usage data. Please turn it off and check whether the buffering will stop.
- Turning off data monitoring
- Go to the setting menu on the homepage menu.
- Proceed to the preference tab, followed by data monitoring.
- The next click turns data monitoring off.
The user has different choices to stop buffering on their Firestick. They can also use the following action.
- Turning off automatic updates
- Turn off notifications
- They can free the Firestick RAM.
- Installing a VPN.
- Factory reset.
All the above actions will help shut unnecessary functions on your device. The user can apply any action to stop buffering on their device. Again ensure the WIFI connection is okay before thinking of other options.