Music is not only a universal language that has become the soundtrack of our lives, it is also a fast-growing industry that is being transformed almost entirely by technology. The music industry’s growth is mainly driven by increased popularity of digital audio streaming services. These platforms have changed the way we consume and share music. As a result, this transformation has created an ample number of opportunities for independent creatives to get noticed. According to research, the future of the industry is in the hands of the musicians who know how to leverage the benefits that technology offers.
With that said, let’s take a look at music marketing strategies to implement before and after you release your music.
Create a Music Website
A musician’s or an artist’s website forms the base of a music marketing strategy. Although social media and streaming services make you feel you do not need a website, it is your online portfolio. You can tell your story, present and sell your albums, and show the dates of your events. Having a website also allows you to reach your audience directly. However, ensure that your website is easy to use and responsive. Wix, Weebly, and WordPress.com are among the most popular software solutions for building a responsive website.
Collaborate with Music Influencers
Influencer marketing is a great way to capture the audience’s attention and nurture your band. An influencer is someone who has a massive number of followers on different social platforms; they can be bloggers, public figures, TikTok influencers, vloggers, or YouTubers. Research the relevant influencer in your niche and contact for collaboration. If things go well, you need to build a long-term partnership with the influencer.
Use Music Marketing Software
Being a music artist is quite challenging and to top it off promoting your music online is even more challenging. Spotify’s organic promotion services help you earn from your music. Thankfully there are various great music marketing apps and resources to help you. One among them is Tuneer.net, which is the most organic music promotion app out there. It allows you to launch and promote your music easily and effectively and that too at an affordable price. Here’s step-by-step guide to building an audience, from setting marketing goals to choosing the right type of placements:
- The first step in starting your marketing campaign on Tuneer is choosing your campaign goal. In your dashboard, you will see a list of goals, including press coverage, email subscribers, link clicks, or Spotify growth.
- Next, you will be able to generate special smart link to track your campaign performance. Smart links help you know who follows you, know the stores your fans love to visit, their location, and access the performance of your engagement.
- Video is the new king of music marketing. Tuneer’s software offers you the opportunity to create quick 10 to 30-second clips to market easily on social platforms. To render the video, simply import images and audio from Spotify or upload your own files.
- Once done, Tuneer enables you to boost your content with ads on TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Messenger, or mobile apps right from the dashboard. The platform also enables you to analyze statistics within the service and reduce the cost of the subscribers.
- Tuneer also offers digital PR campaigns and music blog submission services, an effective way to gain more exposure and brand awareness. The service is designed to save hundreds of hours pitching bloggers to listen to your music.
These are a few music marketing strategies you can follow to maximise reach and get thousands of real streams and followers without having to pay for playlist promotion. Music marketing can be challenging, but following these steps may help protect you from unnecessary worries.