Harrison Sheckler is an American pianist who is no stranger to the stage. His love for music came at an early age and he continues to share his music with audiences from all over the world. Harrison is currently a Masters of Music student at the Brooklyn College Conservatory of Music where he studies under the guidance of Professor Jeffrey Biegel.
He began his piano lessons at the age of six and later competed in state and national competitions. He has worked under notable artists and participated in many masterclasses. In 2014, he won the Terrace Hill Endowment for the Musical Arts Piano Competition which was broadcast on Iowa Public Television and the award presented by First Lady of Iowa Christine Branstad.
Other notable honors include:
- Music Teachers National Association Senior Piano Duet Competition at state,
- Division and national levels with his duet partner, Sarah Gao of Cedar Falls, IA.
- 2014 NAMTA Music Scholarship recipient and the Charles City Master of Fine Arts Award winner.
- The recipient of the William D. Black Memorial Prize in Piano, a scholarship to support undergraduate piano study.
- In 2017, Harrison was named the 3rd place grand champion in the Bill Riley Talent Search and was featured on Iowa Public Television during the final round of competition.
- In addition, he was named a 2017 Skokie Valley Concerto Competition finalist, 2017 Global Online Great Composers Piano Competition first place winner, and the second prize winner in the 2017 North International Competition.
He has accompanied world-renown opera singer, Simon Estes, and other honorable artists. Outside of music, Harrison’s interest includes a passion for baseball, fishing, downhill skiing and attending musical, ballet, and theatre performances. If you’d like to find out more about Harrison Sheckler, you can visit his website www.harrisonsheckler.com and listen to his music on Spotify.