The current whisky market is growing at an alarming rate, making it a profitable investment for savvy investors. When it comes to whisky, there is always a bottle for every customer. But selling vintage or old whisky may not be so easy as this needs commitment and dedication. So if you wish to sell one, below is a guideline that can help you get the best deal.
Tips to Consider
- Sell Whisky Casks – Today, whisky lovers collect both whisky bottles and casks to savor the pleasure of waiting for these to mature. There are some companies where you can sell whisky casks. The price will vary depending on the type. For best results, do not sell this away to any seller that you come across. A certified and reputable auction house can help you in getting a competitive price. Most importantly, value the cask based on both the market value and also its content. Another way to sell your whisky to your clients is through a bourbon subscription box. Yes, a creative way to buy and sell bourbon to whisky enthusiasts.
- Sell Whisky Bottles – The price of whisky has gone through the roof. Thus before you sell old whisky bottles, you need to have a good understanding of its soaring cost. The key reason is due to the rise in whisky enthusiasts. Often distilleries refuse to stock whisky for long to get a good ROI. The stock clears quickly, and getting the next batch may be a time taking process. But buyers know the worth of rare and old whisky. So you can turn to auctions for a rich whisky experience. It can be an ideal place for selling whisky bottles.
- Difference between Aged and Mature Whisky – If you plan to sell whisky, you also need to understand the difference between an aged and a mature one. Whisky will mature properly in the wooden cask and that in the case of aged whisky, in bottles. Whisky lovers will buy older bottling whisky owing to that difference in profile. Old whisky is not always valuable. So before selling, conduct proper research, value it correctly, and taste reviews and notes.
- Licensed Company – You cannot sell a whisky bottle yourself. Instead, you will need someone having the relevant license for liquor being a controlled drug. The government regulates its sale. You will have a seamless experience when you sell it to a licensed company. There are a couple of pointers that you need to check- is the company verified? Does it have sufficient good customer reviews? Often companies can buy fake reviews. Hence you need to be vigilant.
- Auction Coordination Service – With the increase in whiskey’s worth and the requirement for legal ways of selling it, entrepreneurs have come up with specialist whisky auctions. These auction coordinated services will be an ideal place for selling whisky online. But again, before choosing any, do not forget to check their authenticity.
Vintage or old whisky can have great value. To destroy this is equivalent to destroying art. So choose the best company that can offer you viable options.