Video marketing has spread all over the digital universe. All your favorite brands, celebrities, influential personalities have an active YouTube presence or create Facebook videos. More and more people are moving away from text based social media posts and moving towards video content. According to research, users spend 88% more time on a website that features a lot of video content. Videos posted on social media channels generate 1200% more shares and likes compared to both images and text.
Video marketing can be a very effective way of building customer rapport and also promoting a brand, services, or products. Videos can also come in handy to present small tutorial videos such as how-to-use a particular product, how to file a complaint, etc. Brands also undertake promotional activities like customer testimonials, live-streaming events, and entertainment content.
Video is a very engaging form of content and consumer sentiment towards video content has spread on social media platforms. As a result, 57% of marketers now use live video in their marketing drive.
In 2020, 92% of marketers considered video marketing to be an important part of their overall marketing strategy. This has grown from 78% in 2015. It is estimated that the average person will spend 100 minutes every day watching online videos in 2021. This fast-expanding supply of video content consumers has made online video the fastest-growing digital channel in terms of advertising expenditure.
It is, therefore, crucial to stay on top of the latest advances in video marketing in order to create a strong digital presence.
An effective way to incorporate video content in yourmarketing strategy will involve the following steps:
- Allocation of resources. Creating video content itself would require some kind of resource allocation. The logistical requirements for such an exercise would include decent equipment, good editing software, and a competent cameraperson.
- Creative stories. Storytelling is central to creating fresh and engaging videos. Therefore, content creators need to get together and brainstorm about the kind of stories they want to put about their brand the most effective way of achieving your target audience.
- Engage your audience: Telling your stories is not the end-all and be-all of video marketing strategy. You must also effectively engage your audience with your brand and to do so you must consistently create interesting stories whose message connects with the core principles of your brand. Keeping your audience hooked to your videos will require consistent efforts on your part.
- Keep it short. Although there is no rule stating this, as a general rule of thumb, the shorter the better. The attention span of a typical social media user is surprisingly short and is getting even shorter considering the deluge of content they are bombarded with on the internet. You need to rive your message across as quickly as possible. The best way to do so is by being ruthless while editing. Cut out any sort of embellishment and keep just the essentials.
- Content distribution: Publish your videos on as many platforms as you can. You can embed it on your website, uploaded it on YouTube, and put it across all your social media channels. Once this is done, promote it as much as you can. The more the reach of your video, the higher is your chance of success.
- Analyse: To learn about the sensibilities of your audience and to determine which type of videos they like and why you need to track metrics and statistics through the analytics page of the channels you have used to promote your videos.
Planning a video marketing campaign almost always requires conducting a good deal of market research which includes both competitive analysis and gathering insights about the target market. Once you are armed with this information you can give definite shape to your marketing strategy and help you determine the brand voice and messaging well in advance. A well-made video when given the right kind of promotion will automatically rise to the top of the content heap that social media users see every day.