If you are a traditional outfit lover, Indian Dress style called salwar kameez are must-haves in your wardrobe. These are party and casual outfits which you can wear in routine, to a party and even to a wedding. These chic outfit pieces are loved and worn by every generation. A typical classic salwar suit is a three-piece outfit which includes a top (kameez) with bottom (salwar) and a matching dupatta (shawl). When a function like Haldi or Mehendi comes out of sudden, salwar kameez is a go-to option. You can style it with hoops, danglers or jhumkas to make the look even more traditional yet elegant.
As this is traditional wear, the right way is a pleated salwar with a loose shirt or kameez with a dupatta. But nowadays the designers have changed the whole look by introducing more style in salwar suits. The new styles are a perfect blend of modern and traditional style. Salwar kameez, one of many Indian Dress styles, is amazingly versatile attire and there are varieties of salwar suits you can experiment with. This traditional wear is a must-have in your wardrobe and when in confusion state of mind, choose salwar suit without much thinking as this is a go-to option. Also, this outfit is super easy to carry and very comfortable. You can even get a salwar suit customized by a designer according to your choice or purchase a ready-made outfit and get it altered from your tailor. There are many options you can choose keeping in mind your style and personality. You can choose Indian Dresses by considering your body types which accentuates your curves and height.
Following are the types of Indian Dresses or Indian Clothing you should have in your wardrobe:
- Anarkali suits – These are the most popular ones when it comes to suits. Anarkali suits are a blend of modern with the traditional style. This is one of the most preferred attire by modern women. These are super easy to carry and you can flaunt your outfit and grab the attention of many people. You can get these in cotton fabric for casual wear and prefer khadi silk or other fabrics for big events. It will still give you a royal look, even if the work on it is not so heavy. This is mainly preferred by the busty women to cover their curves. You can go for full-length Anarkali suit, frock style or A-shape Anarkali. These all are different in their way and have different look. Avoid floor length Anarkali to avoid the illusion of short height.
- Palazzo suits – This will give you a fresh look if you are bored with the typical salwar kameez suits. The straight side cut with palazzo looks very attractive with minimal jewellery on small get together or other small events. Some even prefer wearing palazzo with A-shaped kurta to accentuate their curves. This is best suitable for women who have broad shoulders with a good height. Short girls should avoid this style.
- Punjabi suits – These are the typical salwar kameez suit which is majorly worn in Punjab. This style involves a short loose kameez with lose heavily pleated salwar and a dupatta to complete the look. The pleated salwar is basically called the Patiala salwar and a light salwar with fewer pleats is called dhoti salwar. In Patiala salwar, the pleats begin from the waist and go till end whereas in dhoti salwar the pleats start from the front and go till back from the side giving it a U-shape.
- Straight cut suits – These top or kameez of this kind of suit is straight cut which is styled with straight pants or paired with the churidar with a matching dupatta. This will give a sleek look if there is light embroidery on the neck and on the border area. This will give a tall and slim appearance for the girls. You can even wear it formally with a no-makeup makeup look and light jewellery. And you can style it with heavy jewellery with bold makeup to big occasions as well. The straight cut suits are easy to carry. It will make you look presentable and give you a sober and fresh look.
- Sharara suits – These suits are in trend these days and are best for traditional functions. The sharara is much like palazzo but they are far loose than them. It will give a skirt look. The sharara suits are styled with a knee-length kameez. It is very easy to carry and suits short and tall girls. A choker and jhumkas with the sharara suit will make you look very beautiful.
- Jacket style salwar suit – This type of suit comes with a long jacket with a skirt or flairy palazzo which looks like a skirt with a dupatta. This is a proper wedding look suit. The jacket can be of short, medium or full length. If the jacket is of short length, it will come with a top or kameez underneath. This outfit looks very trendy and smart. This will change your whole look and make you feel extra stylish. The full figure girls prefer it to cover their curves. Slim girls should go with short jacket style suit.
To coclude, these were some of the types of Indian Dresses you can have in your wardrobe. You can choose one depending on your taste, body type and style. You can style a simple suit outfit with heavy jewellery to steal attention. Also, formally you can wear them to the office party or other small get-together functions. There are thousands of styles and ranges available in markets and Fabricoz online store, so choose wisely. Try to choose one which is evergreen style, so your outfits never go out of style and lasts a long time.