With a gradual increase in the influx of medical tourists to Kerala, it becomes mandatory to have some handy Traveling Tips for Kerala Medical Tourism. These tips travel tips for medical tourism will be helpful on your tour.
- Do proper research on the hospital and choose the hospital according to your needs.
- Make sure that you get the best quality health care service at an affordable price.
- Thoroughly inquire about the hospital, including its reputation, facilities, technology, procedures of treatments offered, and the specialists of the hospital.
- Take a prior appointment with the doctors and keep the doctors informed about everything.
- Do check out the weather conditions before starting your medical trip to Kerala.
- Keep all the medical documents in proper order like the papers of your case history, former doctor’s prescription, (if any), health record, X-rays, etc.
- You should always have relevant information about the Destination Embassy, your friends and relatives (if any) in the destination city.
- Come prepared to stay and have treatments for a longer or a shorter span of time.
- Inquire about medical Kerala packages, special health travel deals, or discounts.
- It is advisable to buy some local currency at the time of arrival so that you have hard cash for further proceedings.
- Have photocopies of your travel-related documents like Visa and Passports.
- Medical Tourism is somewhat different from general vacations, so a little more precaution and preparation gives you a happy experience on your medical tour.
- What this can bring to you will be extraordinarily superb and an indelible experience. If you are the one who does not wish to mar the fun essence of vacations and carry some bitter memories, then have a look at Kerala Traveling Tips and make your holidays an affair of frolic and jubilation.
General Traveling Tips for Visiting Kerala
International travelers may be asked to make an oral declaration of the luggage as they deplane at the Kerala airports. If you are carrying a foreign currency of more than US$ 10000 or its equivalent, then you might have to fill up a Currency Declaration Form. The best way to avoid this procedure is to carry Travelers’ Checks and Credit Cards.
Foreigners, if originating from Yellow Fever endemic nations, then it is mandatory for them to carry a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate complying with the existing International Health Regulations.
Kerala is a tropical state where summers are really hot, but winters are pleasant. Hence it is good if you carry your anti-suntan creams and lotions, headgears, chic pair of shades, and some loose-fitting cotton clothes. The hilly terrains require a light blanket and some light woolens.