Choosing an engagement ring is a very special occasion. You have just decided on asking your beloved to marry you and want to give that person a token of your love. Sounds pretty nerve wracking, but truly it isn’t.
The best kind of engagement ring is the one you buy with your heart. Here is a quick guide to help you decide on the perfect ring for your partner.
Finding the Perfect Engagement Ring
The best engagement rings for your loved one are those that have a special meaning which resonates in the hearts of both you and your partner. Here are some things to keep in mind while going shopping for a timelessly meaningful engagement ring.
- Reflect Personality: many people forget the importance of buying a ring that reflects the joint personality of the couple itself. It can’t be ignored that types of rings come and go with the changes in trends, but it doesn’t do to rely heavily on what is in vogue during the time. In order to make your engagement ring more meaningful ask yourself what metal your partner prefers to wear, orwhat stone the beloved likes. Thus, choosing a style that reflects the personality is the first step to take towards finding the ideal engagement ring.
- Decide the metal: choosing the metal band base for the ring depends on the personal preference of you and your partner. Commonly used metals include: yellow / white gold, platinum, rose gold, and even silver.
- Choosing the Stone: deciding on the ‘perfect’ stone can be a daunting task. However, once you have decided on a style choosing a stone will not be so difficult. Different types of stones include colored gemstones like rubies, sapphires, etc., and of course diamonds. There are four C’s to look atthat can help you determine the ‘grade’ quality of your diamond. The C’s stand for ‘cut’, ‘clarity’, ‘color’, and ‘carat’.
Explore Different Settings
Getting the best engagement ring for your loved one can be an interesting thing. Now that you have chosen the type of band, and the type of stone, you need to decide on what setting would match the taste of you and your loved one. There are different settings that can set off the stone and the metal chosen. Here are some of the most common settings:
- Solitaire: a solitaire ring is a classic engagement ring setting featuring the positioning of the stone (usually a diamond) above the ring band.
- Halo: a halo engagement ring has a large stone in the center that is surrounded completely by a ring of smaller stones. The inner stone can either be a diamond or a colored gemstone.
- Three Stone: as its name suggests, a three stone engagement ring has three stones placed side by side on the band. Usually, the stones are identical, though sometimes the center stone has a different color.
- Prong: this setting makes use of tiny metal extensions that hold the stone in place.
The different types of settings can impact the overall look of the stone, and the total aesthetic of the ring.
Choosing an engagement ring is almost as dreamy as the idea of ‘forever’—which is what they represent. Though it is unsaid that the best kind of engagement ring is the one which is bought with love, it is helpful to remember the importance of looking for things such as the type of stone/ band used, and even the shape and style.
In order to make sure that you make the most out of your budget it is helpful to visit different jewelry stores before settling on the perfect engagement ring. Hope this helps!