1. Hi guys! Welcome to Vents! How have you all been?
– Bonjour! We are decent thank you how are you guys been? Hope yous are safe and well in this crazy, crazy year . We are doing well and very very busy which is great!
2. Can you talk to us more about your new single ‘drag me to hell’?
– of course I can! We are buzzing for its release under San Pr on the 4th of December. San pr and reaction management have been marvellous at publicity and promoting for its big release. We recorded it a while back but it’s definitely worth the big release!
3. Did any event in particular influence to write this song?
– a few things yeah, a lot of it is based on eating disorders and mental health comparing hell, the devil etc to the lows of mental health. It’s a powerful song lyrically and melodically.
4. Any plans to release the any sort of music video for this track?
– yeah we have a really cool music video done and dusted that we can’t wait to show y’all…I like to keep things and big surprise, can you tell? haha!
5. The single comes off your new record black sun – what’s the story of the title?
It’s in reference to one of the lyrics in ‘the waters’ a track from the ep- and our recording engineer we know one of how old bands he was in were called ‘black sun’ we are goths so goes hand in hand haha !
6. How was the recording and writing process?
– the best. Absolutely the best. I always visioned it to be the best experience of my life and it totally was . When we are writing and recording with each other the creative juices and fun flows so much which is just amazing for us and for me especially.
7. What role does Glasgow play in your music?
– Glasgow has always been such a vibrant place for metal music. We are quite unique even though we are a doom metal band , not a lot of bands sound quite like us so I feel we have something new to bring to Glasgow. Obviously due to the pandemic we haven’t been able to play shows or anything but even through it all Glasgow have been still connected and busy with things. Reaction management have been a godsend also keeping us busy and active which we are so thankful for.
8. How has Black Sabbath and Electric Wizard influenced your writing?
– we worship these two bands, live and breathe them. Their riffs, their lyrics and overall sound just get us going and when we write we always try to write a song as if we are supporting them live haha !
9. Where did you find the inspiration for the songs?
– sex, politics, drink, health, religion…everything young adults live and breathe these days haha
10. What else is happening for the rhubarb?
– our diary is filling up quickly a lot happening in next few months, recording booked for next year and a lot happening with Dragon Soop and their soopmas festival, so keep your eyes peeled folks! Thanks for having us vents, stay safe and keep rocking !
Hannah White – bass/vocals