This year has made us change our lives in a dramatic way. One of the most important changes that has happened is in the work from home space. As most of the people have started to work from home, I decided to write this article for a perfect work from home office gear setup. It includes everything so don’t miss out at all!
Get the right Monitor:
Monitor is one of the most important things for working at home. But there are a lot of monitors available in the market. If you are a programmer who likes to write a ton of code, its best to get a monitor that can be used vertically as well. Below are a few options for regular office work.
- Acer SB220Q 22-Inch Full HD monitor: Coming just under $100 it is suitable for most of the people and is amongst the most affordable picks with slim bezels. If you have a smaller setup, you don’t need to worry as this doesn’t take much desk space. On the monitor, you get an HDMI and a VGA port. The downside here however is that it is not compatible with the VESA mounting system, meaning you can’t mount it or hang it up on a wall.
- HP 24F 24-Inch Full HD Monitor: Coming under $200, this is a solid 1080p monitor for the price, and it’s a steel deal if you are looking for something under $200. It is kind of an upgrade to the Acer’s monitor we discussed above. The con here too is that it cannot be mounted as well.
- Asus VA24EHE 24-Inch Full HD monitor: This monitor hits under the $150 mark. It looks slim and feels premium to use for the price. The colors and saturation is great and the monitor can get really bright. Some people might find it a bit over saturated, so it is in the best interest to tone down the colors a bit. This stand is not as adjustable as it should be. But you can skip it as this monitor is wall mountable too!
- LG 24-Inch Full HD monitor: This one from LG also comes under the $150 mark and is a good pick for people who want a big screen at an affordable price. It also comes with a headphone jack and the basic necessary ports.
Headphones Can Help You Focus
Headphones are one of the most important things you can use when you want to increase focus on work. It can help you cut down on unnecessary background noises as home environment can be disturbing for working purposes. I recommend you check out Gadget maniac’s article on the best headphones under 1000 for checking out affordable ones. Here are some others that you can try if you have a higher budget:
- JBL Tune 210: Coming in just under $20 or Rs 1500, this is a good pick if you want a solid sound. The cable management won’t be any hassle for you. The single button provided can be used to control music pause and play and can also be used for answering calls from time to time.
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20X: If your budget is even higher, checkout these Audio Technica’s ATH-M20X, which come for $49. Initial impressions might make you feel the are normal plastic headphones. But when you plug them in you find that they are really good and affordable for the sound they provide. The plus for classical music lovers is that the bass is not too heavy and thus, the music does not feel muffled at all.
Good Keyboard is a must:
Having a good keyboard is equally important as well. If you pick the right keyboard, you can increase your productivity by 3-fold. Here are a few budget picks, you must consider:
- Logitech K380 Wireless Keyboard: For a price of just $30 it is a steal deal and is a Bluetooth wireless keyboard. It needs 2xAAA batteries to work. It also has a number pad, if that is what you look for.
- Dell standard corded keyboard: Comes under $20, a very basic but a good full sized basic keyboard you may like to try. It is a wireless keyboard and it also comes with volume controls.
- Logitech G513 Carbon: If you are a gamer, this is the best under $100 pick for you. It is quiet and also has a colorful RGB lighting which a lot of gamers demand. A must buy if you are looking for gaming at a PRO level.
Work from home office setup is the newest trend people have to adapt to, because of the changing circumstances. These were some of the most important gadgets you may checkout, along with their pricing. That’s all for this one. Hope to catch you for more!