You are maybe used to seeing mini-refrigerators in hotel rooms. But these are as essential as a standard refrigerator in a household. It is actually more ideal for keeping food and drinks near to your hand when relaxing in your room or anywhere in the house or outside. To figure out which type of mini-fridge is perfect for you, you need to do some research and consider some facts. Do not worry anymore. We have made this easy for you. There are some things to look in to before buying.
- Purpose: the service you need your fridge for is essential to determine. People use mini-fridges for different purposes. Some use it for just wine cooler, drinks holder. Some like to keep it living room for a chilled beer and quick snacks. And some people conveniently use it in the kitchen. So, your purpose would determine the type of mini-fridge you might require. If you like to have an outdoorsy machine, a small, lightweight, portable mini refrigerator is the best choice. And if you want a typical working household one, then the one with the small freezer is the choice. And for only drinks and liquids, there is no need for a freezer at all. You would rather be good with a mini-fridge with ample door space.
- Placement: determining where the fridge will go is one of the most important decisions to make. It is a must that wherever you put the refrigerator, it should have an electrical plug outlet. And the voltage capacity of that outlet has to be checked. The place has to be convenient so that no one trips over the machine as it comes in a compact size. If it has wheels, you must check the wheel locks. Or else it will swivel around and cause unnecessary inconvenience. If these are trucker’s refrigerators, the wheel lock or non-moving placement is a must. So, check out all your electrical plug points and understand which is right for you.
- Freezer or no freezer: well, a freezer is a must feature in a standard refrigerator. But is it essential in a mini-fridge? That debate stands with the need of the user. If the user needs require the service of a freezer, then it is an absolute need. Otherwise, the freezer must be avoided. Usually, mini-fridges for dorm rooms, trucks, hotels, livingrooms does not need a freezer. But in regular household use, the freezer comes handy in the kitchen more than usual. So, see if your needs go with any of these.
- Energy consumption: many compact refrigerators consume as much energy as the regular sized. Regular fridge power consumption is between 100 and 250 watts/hour. When running, most mini-fridges consume 80 to 100 watts/hour. So before buying it, you must look into your electrical capacity and the energy scale mentioned on the feature listing. If you are looking into mini refrigerators for truckers, then you must get your truck power capacity as well. While On-road, it should not cause any disturbance with the engine. Thus, it would be best if you talked to a technician or mechanic before buying compact refrigeration for your truck. But if you own one that runs on a battery that would be more convenient.
- Convenient features: compact fridges vary in size from 1.7 cubic feet up to 4.5 cubic feet. The most compact cube-shaped mini fridge measures 17 inches wide, 18+7/8 inches deep and 20+1/2 inches tall. Hence, you can choose from these as well as litre capacity as well. It entirely depends on your need. Portable ones help you to enjoy chilled drinks and snacks anywhere you want to, lawn, balcony, terrace, garden, lakeside. You name the place and it can be easily transported. The freezer can be used in long journeys and keeps food safe during a power outage as well and re-adjustable racks. The advancement in this arena is revolutionary. There are now available digital pin-lock and safety locks in truckers’ refrigerators. The convenience list of mini fridge goes on and on. Visit gotabout to know more about freezers and refrigerators for your kitchen.
Therefore, these are some significant things you need to look into before buying a compact refrigerator for yourself. Many homemakers use the mini-refrigerator as the regular refrigerator and for a small family, it is, in fact, enough. Hence, it would help if you bought a mini-fridge that serves your purpose and comes in handy. Buying a fridge is a long-term investment. So, doing your proper research and evaluating factors is a must.