Since vinyl siding is undemanding in caring, less expensive, and one of the most visually appealing materials for external finishing of building facades, it does not need any special maintenance approach or high-priced vinyl siding cleaner to keep its original appearance and be sure it retains its color and shape. And while a cleaning procedure of this material is quick and inexpensive, it should be regular, as vinyl is prone to the growth of algae, fungus, mold, and greening in especially humid climates or fading when sunlight hits the surface. To be sure that stubborn stains, grime, and muck do not spoil the aesthetic-pleasing look of the exterior, here are some tips on how to keep the facade of your house tidy, fresh, and brand new.
Tips on how to clean vinyl siding properly
If compared to aluminum siding, then the vinyl cladding will not rust or be subject to rot and corrosion due to excessive moisture since this material is not afraid of interaction with water and detergents. The easiest and most straightforward washing strategy is to use a garden hose. In this way, you can easily remove dirt, debris, and other contamination that your cladding will be exposed to. More difficult spots or black or flaky soot from waste gases that are harder to get rid of can be eliminated with a soft bristle brush or a cloth. Avoid everything that can damage the surface, for example, never apply a wire bristle brush. You can scratch the panels, so the microorganisms will spread there, causing mildew.
Investing in home renovations services and upgrading your property with a horizontal or vertical siding made of vinyl, apart from the mentioned above advice, be aware of the following recommendations to prolong remodeled exterior lifespan, enhance overall design beauty, boost the curb appeal, and improve the resale value:
- do not use organic solvents, a solution that contains too much bleach or chlorine (they can destroy vinyl panels), grease and varnish removers, or furniture polishes;
- a medium pressure water jet using a garden hose will be enough to remove dust and not very stubborn substances of mud;
- to deal with hard-to-remove dirt that is impossible to wash off with a hose, learn the instructions on how to clean vinyl siding with a pressure washer;
- abrasive cleaners and powders can scratch the surface and impact its beauty;
- after you have finished a tidying up procedure, the cleaning agent must be thoroughly washed off with plenty of water.
Replace your outdated siding with the proficient services
If, while inspecting your facade, you’ve noticed some alarming signs, such as deterioration and defects, the appearance of cracks and crevices, roughness, peeling of the outer layer, then it is time to renovate the siding. UBrothersConstruction is ready to help you cope with this difficult task because experts know how to avoid poor installation and provide you with a reliable and durable solution regarding the siding upgrade.