Living with a disability doesn’t mean a driver can’t drive at all or he is more at risk than others. However, there are some serious conditions that can affect the driver’s judgment to drive. Most car insurance companies do not offer a discount for disabled people.
If you are an individual with a disability, then you will need unique care for your insurance.
What is disability auto insurance?
There is no such thing as disability car insurance as the ADA prevents insurance companies from charging a hefty amount from disabled drivers and passengers. They will get the same insurance policy as others. However, additional parts will cause a rise in premiums.
Before you get insurance, connect with your doctor and ask the consequence of driving and how it can affect others and yourself too. This will not ensure your own safety but also helps you to decide your safety risk and insurance premium rates.
What types of coverage can be added to cheap car insurance for disabled drivers?
Adding additional coverages in your policy will give you extra protection. Coverages such as roadside assistance, mobility car insurance, and protection in the event of bodily injuries will give you a layer of protection.
These additional coverages are:
- Personal liability will reimburse injuries or damage to the other driver’s properties.
- Vehicle damage will be covered by collision and comprehensive coverages.
- Personal injury protection and MedPay will cover your injury and injury inflicted in the passenger and will pay all the bills.
- If you have an accident with an uninsured and underinsured driver then it will be covered under Uninsured and Underinsured motorists.
- Towing service, roadside assistance, and immediate pick-up will be covered in the roadside assistance coverage.
- Adaption or special equipment coverage will cover the damages that happened to the additional parts attached to your vehicles like a walker, wheelchair, or motorized scooter.
- If your vehicle is under repair then all the cost will be covered under the Mobility car insurance coverage.
How can you find a car insurance discount for handicapped?
The best way to reduce the cost of the insurance premium is to shop around. Premiums will vary from insurer to insurer as the criteria will be different for every company. Consider the following option to find cheap car insurance:
Quest for discount
Car insurance companies offer various types of discounts and all you have to do is to ask your insurer about your eligibility. There are various discounts like low mileage, homeowners, loyalty discounts, good credit history, and senior driver discounts.
Go for a usage-based policy
A device will be fitted in your car and that will be connected to the servers. It will record your driving habits and your mileage. With these data, your insurance premiums will be decided.
Omit yourself from the policy
If you are a seriously disabled person and can’t drive at all then excluding yourself will be a wise decision. List another driver as the named driver and the registered driver may get low-rates because of you.
With Alias Insurance, you will experience a hassle-free experience. With us, it is easy to find insurance for disabled people. If you want a trustworthy agent and a hassle-free process, choose us and never get disappointed.