We all have to keep our eye on our spending, and for most people, there are times when we need a little help, usually from family or a good friend, until we get back on our feet financially. One way to eliminate the problem is to take a look at your lifestyle and see what you can change, and with that in mind, here are a few hacks to save a little money.
- The Coin Jar – It might be an old one, but it works, and by putting all of your change into the big jar when you get home, you will soon accumulate a healthy sum. If you search online, you can find novel coin jars, just make sure you place the jar in a prominent place, and every now and then, imagine what you will do with all that money when the jar is full. As the jar fills up, this will give you the motivation to continue, and a few coins here and there means nothing.
- Direct Debit Yourself – Set up a link to a savings account and set a monthly amount that will be automatically wired when your salary arrives. Forget about it, think of it as a form of tax, and whether $20 or $120 a month, this will soon add up, and it can be your slush fund, only to be used in an emergency. If an unexpected expense leaves you short of money, there’s always instant approval payday loans from a leading Australian online lender.
- Online Work – Why not put that leisure time to good use? Working online means getting paid, then there’s the money you have saved because you’re not out with your friends. There are a number of ways you can make extra money online; completing surveys or writing blogs are just a couple of ideas, with online English teaching also a popular way to earn a few extra dollars at the weekends.
- Collect Coupons – Lots of retail outlets run coupons and if you are a regular customer, you will certainly save money. Once you get into the habit of saving coupons, it will soon become second nature, and you’ll be pleasantly surprised how much you do save when using coupons. Typically found at coffee shops, gas stations and supermarkets, rather than simply trashing them, start collecting and redeem when you have enough. If you are under a lockdown at the moment, here are a few tips to relieve the boredom.
- Bulk Buying – Things that you use on a daily basis can be purchased in bulk quantities, which will reduce your costs, and if you shop at a wholesaler, you might spend more than usual, but the products will last that much longer, saving you money in the long run. Buy the biggest pack of your favourite coffee, and half a dozen razors will eventually get used, while loading up on washing powder is another way to save. Click here for more information on managing your money.
All of the above will help you to stay out of the red, and with a little self-discipline, you will always have some money put away for a rainy day.