Welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
– Fine, but frustrated as many others within the gigging scene.
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Steering The Wheel”?
– Steering the wheel was born out of the crunchy riff which lent itself in a particular to a scenario i was going to write about.
Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
– The world is full of people fighting for control. I’m sure most people have seen an example of it
How was the filming process and experience behind the video?
– Filming of the video was slightly tricky. On the bandstand in Stourbridge early one morning trying to avoid the dog walkers. I’m not sure people expected to see this during a quiet morning walk, however we got very lucky with the weather.
The single comes off your new album Ignorance Is Bliss – what’s the story behind the title?
– To me ‘Ignorance is bliss’ is so pertinent to 2020 and the events
How was the recording and writing process?
– We recorded pretty efficiently, well drilled with minimum fuss. Although always happy and open to having a few off the cuff surprises. We use the smithy in Worcester as we have done for years.
What role does the Midland play in your music?
– It always feels nice to be a rock band in the midlands, with such a heritage of great rock bands you almost feel you have something more to live up to.
How has Alter Bridge and Shinedown influenced your writing?
– We are strong on hooks and riffs which both Shinedown and Alter Bridge have displayed over the years. For us a song has to have that memorable feature.
Where did you find the inspiration for the songs and lyrics?
– A Lot of the inspiration for the album came from troubled family times and ideas and melodies collected over the months
What else is happening next in NIGHTBLADE’s world?
– Nightblade’s next move is recording again. Meanwhile the gigs are off, we will continue our creativity.