1. Jeni, could you tell us about your upcoming music release?
Absolutely! This single is called “What’s in a Name,” and it really began because I decided to depart from my stage name. I wanted to write a song, as any songwriter might, about this dramatic change. Additionally, it speaks to my feelings of isolation and fear in examining my own life. I felt aimless and that my life was unrecognizable to me– yet it was mine. It is the first track off of my forthcoming EP.
2. Who inspired you to make music?
I grew up singing, playing and performing and my aunt was a big influence in that! She’s also a songwriter. I come from a creative family in general. But the first time I heard a song that made me want to write my own music was Jonathan Reid Gealt’s Thirteen Stories Down. It is a collection of story songs and wow did it change my world!
3. What do you enjoy most about being a musician?
Collaborating with friends. This project was so much fun because I made it with my best friend.
4. What was the last song you streamed on Spotify?
Lucy Dacus “Time Fighter.”
5. What are your plans for the future?
Just keep writing and see what happens with this release! Expect another single next month. I’m so happy with this project. It’s wholly a representation of me and my artistry.
6. Can we ask for your social media, music links, and photos?