The 35-year-old country music rap singer, Blanco Brown, was involved in a head-on collision accident on August 31, 2020. Luckily, he survived the accident and was operated on as part of his extensive treatment for his serious injuries. Prayers from fans and loved ones are now pouring for his fast recovery.
What caused his accident and how he is doing today? Check out the details of the motorcycle accident by reading below.
What Is a Motorcycle Accident?
A motorcycle accident involves a collision of a motorcycle and any other vehicle. “Motorcycle collisions are one of most common types of vehicle accidents”, according to The Dominguez Firm. Motorcycles are not exempted from collisions even when the road is clear, like what happened to Blanco Brown.
Overview About Blanco Brown
Blanco Brown was born Bennie Amey III on March 24, 1985, in Atlanta, GA, where the motorcycle accident also occurred. His debut album, “The Git Up,” reached the top-20 spot of the prestigious Billboard 100.
Brown posted a viral YouTube video from his debut album, teaching people how to dance with Lainey Wilson, a country artist, and initiated ‘The Git Up’ Challenge. This challenge has increased in popularity that has been featured in more than 130,000 TikTok videos. The song then reached the top rank on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart.
Details of The Motorcycle Accident
According to reports, Blanco Brown’s motorcycle accident was a head-on collision with a 1998 Ford Ranger. Blanco Brown was riding a motorcycle and met an accident in west Atlanta at Mays Crossing and Fairburn Road. The police officers responded after the incident occurred at 11:18 in the evening, and they confirmed that the country rapper was wearing a helmet at that time.
Four days before the accident, Brown flaunted his new bike, the FTR1200 Indian Motorcycle. The singer personally expressed his appreciation to an exceptional group of gentlemen who made his dream bike come true.
The “TrailerTrap” artist also mentioned that riding clears his mind during difficult times, allowing him to create a higher music level. He even mentioned that he loved the carbon fiber helmet that may have just saved his life as a result of the incident.
How Is Blanco Brown Doing Now?
The famous country-rap star, Blanco Brown, is expected to fully recover after undergoing two extensive, 12-hour plus surgeries. According to BBR Music Group, Brown’s label, his doctors don’t expect any additional surgeries.
How Can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help?
There are advantages to hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer if ever you get involved in such an accident. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you fight your rights and best interest.
Here’s how a personal injury lawyer can help:
- Initiates a thorough investigation to gather relevant evidence to prove your claim. Your lawyer will make sure that all paperwork or legal documents to support your case are submitted on time.
- Take the case to court if the insurance company denies or reduces your claim amount to ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Provide you with some legal options to resolve the case while seeking compensation for your damages, such as negotiation, settlement, or court trial.
What to Do When Faced with a Vehicular Accident?
In a couple of Blanco Brown’s Instagram posts last month, he highlighted the importance of motorcycle safety. He stated that he would be safe riding the motorcycle because of his helmet, giving his fans assurance. However, no matter how careful and prepared the driver is, accidents do happen, so it’s better to be prepared for the worst, just in case.
So, here are the things you need to do when you get involved in a similar accident:
- Prioritize Your Safety: When you get into an accident, it’s very important to report it immediately to the police for prompt response and investigation. If you get in an accident, if you can safely remove yourself from your vehicle, make sure to go to a safe area and call 911
- Watch What You Say: Don’t talk too much right after the accident. Try to calm yourself before giving any statements to anyone, including the other victims or the police. You might say “sorry” to the victims which may imply that you’re at fault in the accident and other statements that may incriminate yourself.
- Contact Your Lawyer ASAP: Call your personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to report the incident so you’ll be guided accordingly on the appropriate legal steps to do.
Blanco Brown’s motorcycle accident experience has surprised many fans, and now that he is taking his journey to recovery, many people are praying for his fast recovery. Indeed, a vehicular accident can happen to anyone, even to celebrities. That is why safe and defensive driving are crucial while you’re on the road.