A lot of people are aware of the fact that when you sustain a personal injury, you seek an attorney’s help. They are well aware of the fact that they will receive compensation for their damage and medical bills. The question arises which type of injuries are considered personal injuries that an attorney will represent. The biggest personal injury cases are catastrophic or fatal but what about the cases that are not major but did cause damage and harm to you and your body.
Before we go ahead lets us give a brief about the basic of personal injuries
Personal injury attorney McAllen Texas are experts in this subject matter and according to them, there are three major and imperative factors that you need to know about an accident or an injury.
- Who is/was responsible for the accident or the injury
- What kind of injury did you sustain (if you can’t figure out, do ask your doctors)
- How to recoup from the loss after the accident
One thing that attorneys and doctors know that after a severe injury or a major accident, life is never the same. It changes everything, from you, your personality to people’s behavior, and the way you see things.
There is hardly a few stuff left that would make you feel better. Compensation can be one of them, it definitely can’t bring back your old life, however, it will release some financial pressure off of you.
Often, there have been some instances of personal injuries where the victim initially doesn’t feel anything, they don’t feel any type of pain in their body. But the effects are seen later on and these effects can be really damaging. It is always better to get yourself checked by the doctor if you have been in an accident whether you feel anything or not. In the US, Personal injury attorneys McAllen Texas make sure that the victim gets the complete amount of compensation for their injury so that their post-accident life is not a disaster.
Types of personal injuries
We here have a list of types of personal injuries that are usually handled by the attorneys and represented in courts if and when necessary.
- Motor Vehicles – Every year, millions of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents from all over the world. Some people are fatally injured and some people even die. Some victims are so unlucky that even when they are not near a vehicle and still get into accidents such as pedestrians. Other motor vehicle accidents include accidents from cars, accidents from trucks, accidents from bikes, accidents from busses and trains, even accidents from motorboats are considered as motor vehicle accidents.
- Car Accidents – Car accidents are the most common type of accidents all around the world. Even after that getting compensated correctly for that is not an easy affair. Even a minor crash can cause big damage and be considerably distressing.
- Motorbike Accidents – Even bike accidents are the most common type of motor vehicle accidents and these are more dangerous than car accidents. Just like a car accident, a simple collision can cause big damage, it can cause the rider to fall off the bike due to disbalance. A lot of time, negligence of physical protection such as helmet, knee, and elbow pads, can cause life-altering injuries.
- Truck accidents – Accidents involving huge commercial vehicles such as huge trucks, lorries, semi-trucks, rigs, etc are included in motor vehicle accidents. Due to the huge size of these vehicles, it can cause some serious damage to other people and their vehicles too. According to statistics, the number of victims that are saved from truck accidents is way less than the victims who die in truck accidents.
- Bus and train accidents – When it comes to accidents involving public transport, there isn’t just one victim, there are other victims as well. Every victim may have different types of injuries with different degrees of injuries. So it would be wise not to compare your case with others. When hiring an attorney, make sure that the attorney is able to take on the railroad companies and the insurance companies of buses and trains.
- Boat accidents – These accidents are not that common as other vehicle accidents, however, they are accidents that can also cause a big amount of damage. Boats too are public transports and can be hired personally, so even this can have a huge number of victims after an accident. However, in these types of cases, the emergency help may get delayed as surveillance on water bodies is a bit difficult.
- Medical Malpractices – Medical malpractices, as the name suggests, happens due to the negligence or the mistakes of doctors, or the nurses, or the hospital staff, or other healthcare personnel. Not to scare you but no one does this malpractice on purpose, however, the damages can be fatal. In a similar medical case in the US,Personal injury attorney McAllen Texas helped their client’s in getting free medical attention and full compensation. Medical malpractices include:
- Misdiagnosis – In this type the doctor or a medical practitioner fails to correctly diagnose a disease or an injury. In a lot of instances, doctors fail to diagnose cancer or the type of cancer. This can lead to a delay in getting treatment and conditions worsening. These types of cases are eligible for compensation and further medical treatment.
- Hazardous drugs – Drugs and pills are kept and held with full safety standards, however, when new drugs are launched in the market, people are not aware fully aware of the compositions, uses and why is it taken. Sometimes these types of malpractices occur due to incorrect prescriptions by the doctor or incorrect meditations given by the pharmacists.
- Workplace Accidents – There are a lot of dangerous and hazardous jobs in the world such as construction jobs, electricians, mine workers, and many more. Jobes like these are prone to accidents, and employees and workers can get seriously injured or even die in some cases. IT is important to understand that the victim or the injured person can not blame their employers and file a complaint against them. Instead, they can claim compensation under the worker’s compensation act.