While a basic wardrobe is never a bad idea, it is always good to spruce things up and incorporate some style into your wardrobe. Valerie Grand, an Instagram star, believes that levelling things up a notch will have you effortlessly going from smart to stylish.
Born in Geneva, Switzerland, Valerie is an Instagram star, a content creator, and a leading social media marketer. She has blended her love for fitness, fashion, lifestyle, luxury, and veganism into a successful career, creating content around these topics. As a fashion influencer, Valerie knows how to change your wardrobe from drab to fab, and shares some of the tips that always work for her.
- Change your outfit combinations – this is one of the easiest ways to level up your wardrobe. Pair up clothes you usually wouldn’t, and even combine different patterns into one outfit. This way, you come up with entirely new outfits.
- Incorporate statement items into your outfits – turn a neutral outfit into a lively one with a bold or colorful accessory. You could add a beautiful pair of heels or a colorful scarf to a neutral outfit to make it pop.
- The third item rule – this is an unwritten fashion rule to upgrade your outfit. If you feel like your outfit needs something extra, add the third item. It does not have to be complicated; it could be a scarf, a necklace, or even another layer.
- Follow the rainbow – every day for a week, ensure that your outfit includes an item of one color of the rainbow. This forces you to find different items in your wardrobe to pair up into an outfit; you may even find pieces that you had forgotten about.
- Change the stores you shop at – finding new stores to shop at is a good way of finding new styles to incorporate into your wardrobe. You don’t have to remove all your previous outfits at once; you can slowly add new pieces to end up with a new wardrobe.
Levelling up your wardrobe does not have to be a difficult job; it is much easier than you think. Following these tips from Valerie, who has years of experience in fashion, will make you look elegant with minimum effort.