Aerosmith was the center of the heavy metal and hard rock music scene in the 1970s. With their bluesy style and raunchy sound, the quintet from Boston was popular for two decades. Even today, the band is known for being a cross between the New York Dolls with their flamboyance and the Rolling Stones with their menacing tunes.
Facts You Didn’t Know About Aerosmith
The band has been through all the highs and lows imaginable together, including in 1986, when they all went into rehab. After a successful stint in rehab, they were determined to rise again and are currently selling out shows in Las Vegas. It is quite a feat after five decades in the music scene.
Even though they are one of the most loved and popular bands throughout history, they did separate. Steven Tyler tried out some country, while Joe Perry took up space with a different band. However, they beat the odds and came back together. Since then, they’ve been riding the waves together and turning out hit after hit. Visit this site to learn more information about the band.
Here are some facts you probably don’t know about them:
- They were the first-ever band to appear on The Simpsons. Steven Tyler was reportedly excited about this moment because it was a confirmation that they were on the right track appearing on the most popular cartoon at the time.
- In 2002, Perry was at the forefront of the production of the “Joe Perrys Rock Your World Hot Sauces.” The sauce was so good it was used on the Quesadillas, and all Hard Rock Cafes served it.
- They were the first-ever group to get a guitar hero dedicated to them and their work.
- Jennifer Aniston had a crush on Steven Tyler. At the time, she was still with her partner then, Brad Pitt.
- They made an appearance on “Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.”
Best Songs of all Time
- “Walk this way”: Toys in the Attic’ (1975)
- “Dream on”: ‘Aerosmith’ (1973)
- “Sweet Emotion: ‘Toys in the Attic (1975)
- “Janies Got a Gun”: Pump 1989
- “Looks Like a Lady” (Dude): Permanent Vacation (1987)
For Aerosmith fans and followers, the news that the group reunited with Joey Krammer, their estranged drummer, must have hit the right spot. Members of the band attended Steven Tyler’s Viewing Party for his Second Annual GRAMMY Awards.
The band is made up of:
Steven Tyler, lead vocal singer from 1970- date
Joe Perry on the Guitar 1970-1979 then 1984-date
Brad Whitford Guitar1970-1980 then 1984- date
Tom Hamilton bass 1970- date
Joey Kramer drums 1970- date
Jim Crespo Guitar 1979-1984
Rick Dufay guitar 1980- 1984
This best-selling Hard Rock band of all time has been hugely successful in their career. With more than 70 million records sold in the US and 150 million globally, the American band has 18 platinum albums, 12 multi-platinum albums, and 25 gold albums. The band has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and there’s no doubt that future generations will enjoy their music as much as the ones before them did.