Today in this article I am sharing the best Nintendo DS emulators for Windows PC that let you play these games again. Well, no doubt, at present, there are many sets of animations in High Definition and open world that stick players too long.
But, we still love the old Nintendo DS games and we will not let go of the opportunity that allows us to play the games on our latest operating system. And to enjoy these Nintendo DS games, there are many emulators for PC which let you play your favorite DS games,
What is a Nintendo DS game emulator?
NDS Emulator and ROMs is software that allows you to play games for which it was not designed. A Nintendo emulator allows you to play Nintendo console or arcade games or unauthorized hardware.
Well, you can play the games by downloading illegally copied software, for example, Nintendo ROMs, from internet distributors. You can legally download these softwares from Downloadroms.cc. And after that, Nintendo ROMs work with Nintendo emulator and allow the game to be played on unauthorized hardware like PC or modified console and others.
Which one is the best Nintendo DS emulator for Windows?
1: DeSmuMe Emulator
The DeSmuMe might sound a little odd but is one of the best DS emulators for PC and is capable of running all Nintendo DS games successfully.
The best thing about the emulator is that it is constantly improving by releasing new versions. And that, Nintendo DS emulator for PC is designed with several cool features, here is a look:
- DeSmuMe allows gamers to customize graphics and emulation settings according to their system configuration.
- It also offers the cheat code manager and USB controller support.
- The DeSmuMe Nintendo DS emulator also has the save location feature that allows you to continue the game where you left off.
- With this DS emulator, you can tailor the game to your liking.
- This is available on Windows and Mac operating system
- And is completely free.
So here are some of the amazing features of DeSmuMe Nintendo DS emulator, now Find out the pros and cons of this NDS emulator for PC.
- It is highly compatible
- Allow tons of commercial games to play
- User friendly interface
- Mic support
- Easy to install
- You might experience dropped frames, but it depends on your PC configuration.
Now, if you can’t wait to run DeSmuMe emulator, how through the steps below to start using it.
How to use:
To run DeSmuMe emulator on your computer, download the software according to your Windows specifications and extract the executable (.exe) file and run it as administrator.
MelonDS is very famous and one of the best Nintendo DS emulators for PC. It supports almost all Nintendo DS games.
And the best thing about MelonDS Nintendo DS games emulator is that it allows you to connect via Wi-Fi and start playing multiplayer games with your friends and family.
Well, there are many more amazing features of MelonDS emulator. So let’s see the features.
- MelonDS emulator uses system hardware resources to provide fast and accurate Nintendo DS emulation
- This emulator has cool features like 3D scaling, OpenGL rendering, joystick support, online connectivity, and local multiplayer.
- It also allows you to save game progress and also displays live FPS.
- It renders 2D and 3D games and delivers high performance at enhanced resolutions
- MelonDS emulator is available for Windows and Linux systems
Well, the features of MelonDS emulator are very amazing and manage to show up in the first position. But this emulator lacks a lot of graphics options which you learn about in the pros and cons section.
- The MelonDS emulator is an open source emulator and is completely free.
- It is totally ad-free
- Compatible with Windows and Linux
- Support external controller
- It lacks graphic quality
- Does not support Mac OS
- MelonDS does not support 32-bit Windows
Now if you find it the best one and want to install the MelonDS Nintendo DS games emulator then follow the steps below.
How to use:
To run the MelonDS emulator on your PC, download the software to your 64-bit Windows or 64-bit Linux and run as administrator to install it.
The RetroArch is another best Nintendo DS games emulator and unlike DeSmuMe and MelonDS, it is an all-in-one emulator.
This allows you to run the games from classic retro consoles and all Nintendo DS games such as SNES, NES, DS, 3DS, DSi, 64, Atari, MAME and others.
Check out other amazing features of RetroArch all-in-one emulator:
- The RetroArch emulator includes netplay, shaders, next frame, rewind, response time, machine translation, forward, blind accessibility features, and much more.
- It allows you to record your gaming sessions and also stream the gameplay to Twitch
- This emulator contains a default game channel.
- Allows you to increase the graphics to 4K and you can apply shaders
- The RetroArch supports all platforms such as Windows, Mac, Linux and home consoles ( Xbox, PlayStation 3, Wii u , etc.)
- Also support joystick, different screen layout and slot recording option
Now, after taking a quick look at the features of RetroArch emulator, check out some pros and cons.
- Support for various platforms
- Easy to use interface
- Continuously developed by developers
- It needs more PC resources than others
- Some games do not support
So if you want to download this all-in-one RetroArch emulator, follow the given steps to run it easily.
How to use:
You can run this RetroArch emulator for PC by downloading it according to your operating system. And after downloading, extract the executable (.exe) file> run it as administrator.