1.Hi Isabella, welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
Great! Thanks for asking.
2. How were you drawn into the world of entrepreneurship?
I have always loved being creative so when I learned that being an Entrepreneur meant having the ability to use my creativity and generate revenue, I was hooked.
My first real brand was started on the basics of being able to “wear your Wins” on an Accomplishment bracelet. I didn’t set out to create something everyone would love. I started from something I felt I needed/wanted but was lacking from the marketplace.
Once I started my company Glitzy Girl I realized a lot of kids in all types of sports wanted to “wear their wins”. From Soccer to Gymnastics, Dance to Karate, there are different levels, and we would make charms for all of them, this became my first global brand.
3. As a six year old kid, did it ever cross your mind you’ll become a self-millionaire at such a young age?
I never thought that I would ever become a millionaire, it just sounded so “fancy” but to be honest until the age of about 10 years old I didn’t have a strong concept on what it actually meant…
4. Having perhaps not the enough level of maturity and business knowledge at that particular time, was growing into this business and learning the ups and down felt rather much challenging for you?
I have been very fortunate to have a great experience with business however there have been several brands that either I launched or reinvested in that didn’t take off like others. It’s so important to remember 90% of business is NOT an overnight success. It takes time, dedication and a lot of hard work to make any business fly. My best advice for business is that an Entrepreneur is never “clocked out” the only person who can make your business succeed is you and the team you build within it.
5. After this jewelry company, you started to branch out into other areas – how were you drawn into the world of skincare and clothing?
I am always a little nervous when I start a new brand launch because you never know how it will be perceived. However with the Skincare line I feel very confident in the quality and look of the brand as I chose to use all plant based natural but extremely effective ingredients that I found when I personally was having skincare issues .
6. Speaking of which, what other things are in store for Isabella Barrett?
Like any other teen I am also focused on school and the future of normalcy. I hope to continue growing my brands and work with others who are doing the same as part of a new nation of young entrepreneurs.