Scuff marks are good at ruining the looks of beautiful and expensive wooden floorings. They usually occur due to the rolling of chair casters on the floor, slight movement of bed as the kids jump on it, and dragging furniture for changing its position.
These marks are not as deep as scratches but they steal the finishing of your floor. There are people like me and you who are searching for the best ways to remove scuff marks from the floor. If you haven’t found one yet, you are landed on a right page.
How to Remove Scuff Marks from Wooden Floor
Here on this page you will find step by step guide on how to remove scuff marks from wooden floor easily. It doesn’t require expensive and harsh cleansers to get rid of them, you need to do some basic stuff that we have shared below.
Method 1: The Proactive Approach
If you have combo of wooden floor and chairs at your home, it is highly recommended to place chair mat for hardwood floors. Doing so will ensure that your floor don’t catch scratches or scuff marks when you roll chair wheels or drag the chair over it.
It is one of the most ideal ways to prevent scuff marks on the wood floor.
Method 2: Using Eraser to Remove Scuff Marks
- Buy a fresh, light colored, and big size eraser. Avoid using a pencil eraser that has already been used by the kids.
- Take a clean cloth, dip it in a lukewarm water and wipe the scuff mark with it.
- Start rubbing the eraser on the area that contain scuff marks.
- After rubbing the eraser, immediately wash the floor.
At the end of this practice you will notice the scuff marks are vanished.
Method 3: Tennis Shoes to Clean Scuff Marks
This method is much better than the one we shared above. But for this you are going to need tennis shoes. If you don’t have it, skip this technique and apply method number 1 or 3.
- Take a tennis shoe that has a clean sole.
- Insert your hand inside the shoe and start rubbing the heel of the shoe on the scuff marks.
- After few twists you the marks will start getting disappear and you will again have a scuff-free floor once again.
NOTE: Don’t apply too much pressure while twisting and also avoid using dark sole shoe.
Method 4: Tennis Ball Technique
Another easy to follow method to clean scuff marks is the use of tennis ball. This is one of the most economical methods because no one would like to spend money on buying a new tennis shoes for the sake of removing scuffs from the floor. Let’s check out how it works:
- Cut a piece of the tennis ball with scissor.
- Attach the piece with the end of a broom handle
- Now start buffing the area that contains scuff marks
- After a few twists, you will get a noticeable improvement
I hope you are going to like the above mentioned methods. Which one you are going to follow? Let us know in the comments. Following these techniques will definitely help you in buffing away scuff marks from the wooden floor. There are many websites on which you will a lot of techniques but very few of them are authentic. If you know any other technique, you can share it with us.