As further research is done into cannabis we learn that this plant has even more to offer in terms of medical benefits. In this article we will explore two upcoming cannabinoids, THCv and THCa, that have been gaining popularity in the cannabis community over the past years to keep an eye on. This content is sponsored by http://leafipedia.net, home to the latest cannabis laws and science information.
What is THCv and its Effects Explained
THCv, also known as tetrahydrocannabivarin, is a cannabinoid that offers distinct medical benefits compared to other organic compounds that are found in cannabis, such as THC and CBD. Some of these benefits include:
- Encouragement of bone growth: THCv is shown to help stimulate and assist in normal bone growth, because of this it is highly recommended for patients suffering with conditions such as osteoporosis.
- Appetite suppressant: As opposed to THC, which causes most users to experience “the munchies”, THCv may help suppress the appetite. While THC increases a user’s appetite by activating cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1), THCv is able to block CB1, thus causing a decrease in hunger. THCv is also shown to boost energy expenditure, which leads to more efficient calorie burning.
- Regulation of blood sugar levels: This compound is able to aid in the improvement of glucose tolerance while also reducing insulin resistance, allowing for more stable glycemic levels. As a result, THCv may be highly helpful for those with diabetes.
- Increased energy: THCv provides a boost of energy along with mental clarity, offering an elevated mood without some of the undesirable effects that THC presents such as paranoia and short term memory loss.
High THCv Cannabis Strains
Tetrahydrocannabivarin is a fairly uncommon cannabinoid that can be troublesome to find and costly to extract, as a result there aren’t many THCv products on the market yet, however many strains high in this compound are found in Africa. Here are three high THCv yielding strains that you should know about.
Doug’s Varin is known to be a rare sativa strain that provides an energy boost along with heightened creativity with short term effects for those who don’t want the effects to be lingering all day and most importantly this strain contains high doses of THCv.
Durban Poison is another THCv high sativa strain that comes from Durban, South Africa. The strain is recognized by it’s sweet aroma and is said to provide an uplifted head high that promotes creativity.
Pineapple Purps, also known as “Pineapple purple”, is a sativa dominant strain that also contains high amounts of THCv. This strain is known to have a ratio of THC to THCv as high as 3:1. Pineapple Purps effects are reported to be increased focus along with a sense of euphoria.
THCv Cannabis Products
California Cannabinoids Doug’s Varin Vape Pens
California Cannabinoids has created potent THCv vape pens for those who want a taste of what this organic compound has to offer using the Doug’s Varin cannabis strain. The brand has two distinct THCv rich formulations, Doug’s Varin ORIGINAL contains a ratio of 1:1 of THC to THCv, and Doug’s Varin RELIEF which has a ratio 1:1:1 of THC to THCv to CBD. Both of the brand’s vape pens are shown to carry 25% to 30% THCv cannabis oil.
Level Blends Stimulate THCV Tablinguals
Another cannabis product on the market worth mentioning is the Stimulate THCV Tablinguals by Level Blends. Each pack contains a ratio of 1:1:1 of THC to THCV to CBG, more specifically 15mg of THC, 13mg THCV, and 15mg of CBG. This product works by putting a tablet under the tongue and letting it slowly dissolve, and the effects can be felt anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes after taking it. The tablets are intended to take during the day to provide a euphoria along with a more sharpened and focused mind.
Heylo Cannabis Extracts Where’s My Bike and Dutch Treat Cartridges
Heylo Cannabis Extracts is another brand that offers cannabis products containing THCv and CBG. There is the Where’s My Bike? cartridges and their PAX era pods Dutch Treat, both of which report having beneficial effects to the user such as clear-headedness and blissfulness.
What is THCa and its Benefits Explained
Tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, or THCa, is another non-psychoactive compound that is found in cannabis. This cannabinoid is often found in abundant amounts in raw cannabis but converts into THC as the plant dries or combusts (burns). Although research about this compound’s benefits are still in the beginning stages, THCa has been shown to have properties beneficial for a variety of medical conditions such as:
- Anti-Inflammatory: Arthritis and lupus patients may find relief through THCa as it can help with inflammation
- Neuroprotective: THCa can be used in treatment of neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease and dementia
- Antiemetic: This cannabinoid has been shown to assist users with stomach issues such as nausea and appetite loss
- Antiproliferative: THCa has characteristics that may assist in the slowing of certain cancers and may be useful in the treatment of prostate cancer
THCa Cannabis Products
Below are some THCa products that have become popular in the USA.
Raw Garden Diamonds
Raw Garden is well known for their high quality lab tested cannabis products and they have come out with live resin diamonds for fellow dab enthusiasts. The diamonds include THCa crystallines and contain no additives or artificial flavoring. These potent diamonds are sure to leave users in a state of bliss and euphoria along with providing medical benefits.
Prime Wellness THCa Sand
Prime Wellness offers THCa sand that averages 96% THCa content, remember that when heat is applied to THCa it converts into THC. The fine powdery consistency allows for the user to easily be able to self dose to their preferred amount and be able to reap the sand’s benefits.
Rosette Wellness THCa Acid tincture
The Rosette Wellness THCa Acid tincture consists of plant extract and MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil making is easily absorbable for the body. This tincture is perfect for those who suffer from the symptoms mentioned above or for anyone who may be trying to improve their quality of life by using this product.