An enrolled agent acts primarily as the principal point of contact with the state of your LLC. On behalf of your LLC, you can expect your registered agent to receive such things as tax notifications and compliance information.
As well, registered agents are responsible for receiving process support. That is, if your LLC is to be sued, your registered agent will accept the lawful summons on behalf of your LLC.
Role of a Registered Agent
Registered agents are individuals or firms who serve as corporate representatives for routine matters, such as receiving legal documents. Although the general purposes of licensed agents are similar around the country, laws can vary from state to state. A licensed agent ‘s responsibilities are determined by state statute and are handled by the office of the Secretary of State.
The registered agent of a company must be a legal citizen of the state where the company applied for incorporation. A registered agent may also be a company. There are hundreds of businesses only to act as registered corporate agents. Their staff may include lawyers, paralegals and accountants. Some states like Nevada charges fees on individuals to become registered agents. Delaware, which consists of the bulk of the nation’s publicly listed firms, retains a directory of licensed agents.
Service Of Process Duties
The registered agent shall be responsible for receiving legal and tax documentation on behalf of the organization from the state government. Such records include reminders of the franchise fee, notes of the deadline for annual report filings and the provision of litigation procedure papers. It is helpful to have a registered agent, as it prevents lawsuit documents being sent directly to the business or the business owners’ homes. It is up to the registered agent of a company to deliver these documents to the market promptly.
Articles Of Incorporation Listing
If a person or group of individuals wishes to form a corporation, they must file incorporation articles with the government of the state where the business will be based and designate a registered agent. In most countries, you must list the registered agent in the filing. The licensed agent has to have a correct street physical address. A box in the post office is not accepted as an address for registered agents in most states.
Registered Agent Changes
If a registered agent changes its address, it must notify the Secretary of State and submit an address change form. Companies also need to inform the state when the address of their registered agent changes, or when they start using another registered
agent. Some countries charge companies a fee for changing details about registered agents. If a registered agent resigns from serving a company, then the country must be informed.
Services Provided By Registered Agents In Florida?
- The services of a registration agent began in the US Constitution as part of due process. A lawsuit includes the right to notification of claims or other legal matters.
- States need registered agents, who must be available during all business hours (usually 9-5 and Monday through Friday) and year-round.
- They do so in person when someone tries to lodge a case against a corporation notifying them of a complaint. In this way, filing a notice against a business means visiting the office of a registered agent and submitting a document. All records are directly handed in.
- The registered agent then sends a copy of the report, which can be forwarded to the client via email. Instant Business notification.
- If the registered agent sees the letter has not been opened, then emails will continue to be sent. In some cases, the document will be sent by mail if the message doesn’t open, and the record can not be read.
- If the registered agent receives what a signature demands, the document is submitted immediately.
Although this does not seem like a lot of work, companies must be notified of upcoming legal actions as quickly as possible.
Best Registered Agent Services In Florida:
Ultimately, because of their next-level customer care and affordable packages, our favorite of all certified agent services is ZenBusiness. We strongly suggest getting them checked out.
You can also read the rest of our reviews regarding the best-registered agent services, including Northwest Registered Agent, Incfile, LegalZoom, Rocket Lawyer, Harbor Compliance, and InCorp. You can discover much more about all of these Florida registered agents by clicking this link.