It doesn’t matter if you study or work. It does not matter if you simply use the computer in your free time (maybe you have a blog, your own website) or if you use it daily at work. From kids to adults, digital literacy starts with typing practice. You can be a manager, a programmer, an engineer, a writer, or a child who goes to school every day. Surely you need to learn typing and you have to find some institute online or offline where you could get to study easy typing for beginners.
You have probably noticed it many times already. It is difficult for you to enter long texts on the computer. Or you feel envy of a colleague who knows typing. If by chance you have not yet felt that you need it, you must learn how to do typing for beginners before you feel it, because it is a frustrating feeling.
Think about the questions below. If you answer yes to any of them, it is that you should consider learning to type because you will notice the difference if you do:
- When you type do you use less than ten fingers, and frequently look at the keys?
- Do you usually use a computer, either for work or in your free time?
- Do you have a blog, your own website, or do you write e-mails regularly?
- In your CV do you say that you have computer skills even if you don’t know typing?
- Would you like to get more out of your computer, but many times you do things by hand because you find it difficult to do them on the computer?
- When chatting with multiple people simultaneously, you easily lose the thread because you can’t type quickly enough on the computer?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you should seriously consider learning to type. This will greatly increase the speed at which you write on the computer. You will write much faster than with pencil and paper.
Learning to type is progressing, investing in yourself, in your future. Just like if you were studying languages or any other knowledge. It needs an effort, a dedication, but in the long run, it will allow you to save much more time, which you can dedicate to other things during your free time, or to be more productive in your work.
Your performance will be greatly enhanced by your ability to enter texts at high speed.