As Facebook is one of the most popular social networking sites that have been used by millions of people together from all around the world, the risk of cyber-attacking on it has also been increasing with its increased popularity.
Facebook accounts get hacked so frequently that it has now become necessary to learn about how you can recover your Facebook account after someone else has gained access to it.
So, to help you to eventually gain access to your hacked Facebook account, we’ve below mentioned the 2 methods from which you can perform the steps of any given method as per your choice. Now, without wasting any further second, let’s continue reading to recover a Facebook hacked account easily:
Method 1: Reset Your Password on Mobile/ Desktop:
- Either click on your Facebook app from your mobile or open this link “https://www.facebook.com/” from your desktop in order to open the Facebook login page and then click on the ‘Forgot Password’ option to navigate yourself to the Facebook’s password reset site.
- There, in the required text field, type your email address or the phone number that you used to log in to your FB account.
- Then tap on the ‘Search’ option so that Facebook will bring up the account related to your Facebook account.
- After choosing your profile, select the recovery method in order to reset your account’s password, and to do so choose the option to ‘receive a code via SMS’ on your mobile.
- Then, Facebook will text you around 5 or 6-digit code that you need to note it down or simply copy the code.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Enter your six-digit code” text box and paste the received code in the same text field.
- Now click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit your code so that you can navigate yourself to the next page.
- On the next page, first and foremost check the “Log me out of other devices” box and after that tap on ‘Continue’ to enter your new password in the required field.
- Also, re-enter your password to confirm and then click on the ‘Continue’ and ‘Save’ button to apply changes.
- Now, go back to the Facebook app and simply sign-in with your newly created password.
Method 2: Report the Hacked Account to Facebook:
- Go to your web browser and copy this link “https://www.facebook.com/hacked/” in the address bar to open Facebook Hacked account page.
- On the page, click on ‘My Facebook account was hacked’ and after that, a search page will open in front of you.
- There, enter your email address or the registered phone number in the required field and then click on ‘Search’ in order to prompt Facebook to search for your Facebook account.
- Once Facebook able to locate your account, click on ‘Continue’ and then select a valid reason from the given options for your hacked account:
- Then, checking the right box, click on ‘Continue’, and then on the next page enter a new password as well as retype it in order to confirm the password.
- After that, click on ‘Next’, and then once you logged in to your account, you can check recent changes and activity.
- And, in case, you find anything unfamiliar, you can click on ‘Edit information’ to correct your account information.
Now, we’ve also mentioned some safety measures to keep your Facebook account safe from any unethical attempt in the nearby future. So, follow these measures to stay safe online:
- First and foremost it is necessary that you enable the ‘Facebook Two-Step Verification.’
- It is suggested by many experts that you should periodically change your password for Facebook as well as for other online accounts also.
- Always prefer to use two-factor authentication
- Install any listed good antivirus protection software on your operating system.
- Avoid accepting anonymous friend requests
- Never sign in to your Facebook account from public places
- Ensure to check that the URL of Facebook starts with “https://www.”
- And, lastly disable automatic login to your Facebook account from your PC or mobile.
However, still even after taking all the measures, if you face any trouble in the nearby future or even with the above-mentioned methods to recover your Facebook account, what you can further do is visit the technical-based site “Get assist” to get effective solutions from their technical team.