You may be wondering why you need to review the best water filters for your home. Pure Water Guide gives you a comprehensive review of various filters that you can find in the market. Do you know that your tap water may not be very safe to drink? There are many contaminants and pollutants such as bacteria, lead, pesticides as well as heavy metals. They can be found from the source as well as the water delivery system. The benefits of clean and healthy water cannot be underscored, for it helps in sustaining life. It is good to invest in the best water filters for your house. There are various benefits of using water filters. They include:
- Removes chlorine from the water: This makes the water healthy for consumption. Some industrial water purification process uses chlorine or its compounds such as chlorine dioxide and chloramine. It is useful when killing harmful bacteria and micro-organisms. It can, however, be toxic when consumed. Using the best water filters can aid in removing chlorine or any other harmful chemicals from the water.
- Removes lead from the water: Lead is very toxic to the body. Using a water filter gets rid of any lead in the water. This protects you and your family from any harm, as well as any disorders that can arise from lead poisoning.
- Aids in the detoxification: There are many toxins that can be found in tap water. When the toxins are removed through the use of water filters, they can help to detoxify the body.
- Saves you money: Purchasing bottled water can be an expensive venture in the long run. Investing in a good water filter may be a bit costly at first. However, this investment will serve you for a long time.
- Saving you medical expenses: Drinking unpurified water poses a health risk. Water that has passed through a filter is safe and healthy to drink. This protects you from getting any diseases saving you medical expenses.
- Improves the immune system for your children: Purifying water by using water filter ensures that your children are drinking clean drinking water. Using water filter helps in removing contaminants found in tap water, which aids in building a strong immune system.
- Keeps the environment clean: Do you know that most water bottles cannot be recycled? That is not all. Even if they are recycled, some materials used in the bottles, such as the seal cannot be recycled. This means that frequent use of bottled water is harmful to the environment in the long run as plastic does not decompose easily. Installing the best water filters in your home keeps the environment clean.
- Reducing cancer risk: Direct tap water contains many chemicals as well as viruses. This can predispose you to get various cancers. A good filter eliminates these chemicals and viruses from the water, which reduces the risk of getting such cancers.
- Water Quality: Water that has passed through a water filtration system has a high quality as the contaminants have been eradicated. Due to the various uses of water around the home, using quality water also improves the atmosphere.
You can see how beneficial buying a water filter is for your home. Other benefits of having a water filter installed include improving the quality of air around you as well as giving you food that is healthy and rich in taste. Water is such a basic commodity that doctors advise on its constant usage during the day. Drinking clean water can aid in the eradication of frequent headaches. We will now look at the various contaminants that can be found in your tap water. They include:
- Pathogens (Viruses and bacteria): Tap water can contain bacteria and viruses such as coliform directly from the source of the water. This can make you sick. The pathogens may also be contained in the water storage systems.
- Chemicals: The most common chemical to find in your tap water is chlorine or its byproducts such as chlorine oxide or chloramine. They are used to kill micro-organisms in the water. The water filter will be effective in eradicating these chemicals from your water.
- Lead and other metals: The water is carried from the source to your home through an array of pipes. These pipes can expose the water to lead and other heavy metals which are harmful to your health. Lead consumption is particularly harmful to children as it can lead to learning disorders.
- Nitrates: Inorganic fertilizers use nitrate. Nitrate is also an oxidizing agent used when producing explosives. It is also found in plants.
- Arsenic: This is a common impurity found in groundwater. Exposure to arsenic can cause cancer, and it is connected to some conditions such as strokes, heart diseases, and diabetes. It is good to invest in the best water filters to remove this contaminant.