1. Hi Brian, welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
Thank you for having me! I am doing pretty good!
2. Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Broke It Down?”
It’s a song that I had a little melody for and when we got in the writing room the song kinda wrote itself. Everyone has been broken down one way or another in their life, so this song is very relatable.
3. Did any event in particular inspired you to write this song?
There may have been a past relationship or two that gave me some inspiration!
4. Any plans to release a video for the single?
Yes there is! We are filming it in the next couple of weeks!
5. How was the recording and writing process?
It was great. The process seems to come really easy whenever you believe what you’re singing.
6. What was it like to work with Harrison Kindy and Larry McCoy? How did those relationships develop?
It was awesome! I have written with Larry in the past and have always been a fan of his writing. The day we wrote “Broke it Down” was actually our first time writing with Harrison in the room.
7. How much did each of you get to influence the song?
We all passed around ideas and fed on each other’s thoughts. That’s one of the best parts about co-writing… collaborating!
8. What role does Nashville play in your music?
I’ve always had the same musical influences since I moved to Nashville, but I have grown as a singer and songwriter just by simply being around so much talent. This town is full of it!
9. How’s your EP coming along?
It is coming along great! It’s about done, and I cannot wait for y’all to hear it!
10. Any tentative release date or title in mind for your EP?
We’ve been tossing some ideas around and have a pretty good idea 🙂
11. Any plans to hit the road later this year?
Yes! Once things get back to normal. Hopefully, that is sooner than later!
12. What else is happening next in Brian Callihan’s world?
Just writing and recording new music! I cannot wait to see y’all out on the road later this year!