Why Should I Need a Travel Website on the Phone?
Setting off for a trip, you need to have the tickets, a place to live in, and an approximate plan for your proceeding on the spot. All that can be pre-scheduled well in advance including the taxi to and from the airport. However, if you get a taxi delayed, it’s good to be able to have a quick glance at Flightradar24 and see if you still have time or need to book another flight. That can be done through a website or a dedicated Android / iOS app.
There are multiple apps and websites out there intended to help a traveller that can be roughly put into the four groups:
- live trackers
- local guides
- legal issues.
Below, you’ll find the list of the most useful and easy-to-go with traveller websites that are worth mentioning.
Top Websites to Track Your Plane
- Flightradar24. Track your plane and see its current status and probable changes, learn the aircraft particulars, and check the weather — all that on the constantly refreshing interactive map. You can apply the search filters or simply mark the planes on the map to see your next connection flight or just watch the air navigation.
- LoungeBuddy. This service spots the airport lounges, their location, and admission status (e.g. free, hourly rate, members-only, etc.). The data is accurate, and it’s easy to find your way along with the airport and have a good seat regardless of your budget. There are also discounted offers for membership making your choice wider and entailing more comfort and bonuses (like free Wi-Fi).
- Skyscanner. The program on the website scans the ticket offers from over 1,200 sources letting find the most suitable and cheapest flight. It’s quick and easy-to-use and provides the option of free notification about the updates. The website often offers convenient and low-cost connections, which, however, don’t always make a single ticket.
- Airbnb. A booking for all tastes and budgets, this service lets connect with other travellers and locals to book accommodation, reserve a taxi or a table in the restaurant. There are also excursions, master classes, and many other activities available at each destination. The website is easy to operate and usually provides a wide accommodation choice.
- AirHelp. A legal consultant of a kind, this website can help with the quick overview of the legal procedures that should be followed in case of a flight delay, boarding denial, loss of baggage, etc. The website also offers the compensation claim services for passengers. The company undertakes all the claim proceedings, while, in case of success, it will take 25% of the received compensation amount.
- Google Maps. The detailed map of routes, cities, and other sites, Google Maps offers diverse functionality. It can calculate the distance, find a suitable route, provide the information on the location or object, etc. You can mark the interesting or planned locations on the map and schedule your sightseeing, shopping, or another activity. The construed map can be downloaded to be used offline.
- AllTrails. This service provides a variety of routes and attractions in multiple places around the world. There are popular tourist sites and off-the-beaten-path nooks, hiking routes, and walking tours. Each activity is described in detail and illustrated with the photos. There is a prepaid option letting download the maps and use them offline.
- TripIt. This automatic trip organizer shapes all your arrangements including tickets, accommodation, reservations, and plans into a comprehensive chronological scheme. There are free and prepaid accounts, the latter provides alternative flight options in case of cancellation and sends flight update notifications. The interface is simple, you don’t have to fill in any details but just send the booking or rental confirmation to the dedicated email.
- AccuWeather. The most accurately planned trip might fail due to rain, unexpected cold, or another weather change. The Accuweather offers the forecast for the majority of places in the world including the ones not belonging to tourist attractions. The forecast is represented for each hour and reaches out as much as a month ahead.