Cannabidiol, or CBD, continues to grow in popularity because continuing research demonstrates a variety of health benefits. As a result of these studies, CBD oil and tinctures seem to help in treating depression and anxiety. More and more producers of CBD are increasing their offerings to include specific CBD products to treat these conditions. If you are considering finding the Best CBD oil for Anxiety and Depression, continue reading as we examine in detail the five best quality CBD products for exactly this purpose.
CBD and Tincture oil: Brief Overview
When considering cannabis, the two most well-known compounds are THC and CBD. Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are natural elements of Cannabis plants. CBD shows continual growth in popularity because it offers therapeutic relief without any psychoactive side effects. There is no risk of getting “high” when using a CBD product as, on the other hand, products containing THC can cause.
- How it works? CBD interacts with receptors in the central and peripheral nervous systems. These are the CB1 and CB2 receptors. CBD oil appears to interact with serotonin signals. This is important because serotonin is a neurotransmitter that influences mental health. Often people suffering from depression have lower serotonin levels, and similarly, this could also be the case for people suffering from anxiety. In these cases, conventional pharmaceutical treatment requires a prescription drug. CBD oil, however, requires no prescription and may help with the management of these conditions. Most importantly, consultation with a medical professional is always advisable.
- What exactly is CBD oil? Manufacturers make CBD oil by extracting oil from flowers, seeds, and stalks of the hemp plant. CBD oil is the most concentrated and potent version of all CBD products currently available on the market. Moreover, it contains fatty acids, nutrients, protein, and vitamins. It is currently put in numerous drinks, infusions, and recipes because it naturally allows ingestion.
- Will CBD Make Me High? is in both marijuana and hemp plants and manufacturers of CBD products extract this element. Hemp plants are in the cannabis plant family but, unlike marijuana, contain less than 0,3 percent of THC. Marijuana plants have higher quantities of THC which is the element that causes one to feel “high”. As a result, marijuana can get you high, but CBD will not. Both CBD and THC interact with our body’s endocannabinoid system. Besides, a CBD oil without THC does not show on a drug test, therefore allowing one to find relief without substance abuse worries.
The choice of CBD oil, with or without trace amounts of THC, is mostly decided by personal preference. You can put CBD oil in drinks or foods, in other words, making it very easy to consume.
- About CBD research: Numerous clinical trials to evaluate the benefits of CBD are ongoing, both in the United States and in other countries. These trials examine several disorders. Several studies include the benefit of using CBD for anxiety, pain, and even for PTSD. In the same vein, studies about the benefits of THC and CBD together are also being carried out for spasticity and pain due to cancer. Pure CBD extract also has FDA approval (2018) for two forms of epilepsy. This is a new and exciting field of research where results are slowly but surely emerging.
Is CBD Effective for Fighting Depression?
It appears that yes, CBD can have a positive effect in the treatment of depression. This is thanks to its effect on the serotonin receptors present in the brain. In persons suffering from depression, lower serotonin levels are often observed. Even though CBD won’t increase those levels, it does, on the other hand, have an effect on how brain receptors react to serotonin already present. A review of CBD studies from 2018 surmises that CBD does exhibit anti-stress effects and, as a result, can contribute to reducing depression from stress.
- CBD or Prescription medicine: CBD also exhibits some benefits when one compares it to traditional antidepressant medicines. For example, some traditional medicines require a substantially long period of usage to achieve an effect. An animal study (2019) concludes that CBD has a quick and prolonged antidepressant-like effect. Moreover, CBD does not appear to contribute to the side-effects that one notes with the use of antidepressant medicines. These side effects include moodiness, insomnia, or sexual dysfunction.
- What about Anxiety? Likewise, CBD also shows promise in dealing specifically with anxiety. One study shows less anxiety when someone uses it before public speaking. Another clinical study shows improvement in panic disorder.
The Top 5 Best Quality CBD products for Anxiety and Depression
When searching for the best CBD oil for anxiety or the best CBD oil for depression, keep in mind that CBD oil does not have approval as a form of treatment by the FDA. In short, instructions for a correct dosage are few and far between. However, keep in mind your weight, age, and any medical conditions and this will certainly help find the correct dosage for your needs. It is important, to begin by taking smaller doses and to be consistent in taking CBD oil.
With a little internet research, it is clear that Fab CBD products are consistently ranked among the top CBD drops for anxiety. They offer precise information guaranteeing transparency for their specific formulas. Their honest hemp is grown organically in Colorado with no pesticide use however, their oil tincture contains trace amounts of THC which is less than 0.3%.
- Organically grown without pesticides
- Not addictive
- Lab-tested by a third party
- Trace amounts of THC under 0,3%
- Five flavors of Berry, Citrus, Mint, Natural, Vanilla
- Trace THC amounts could affect a drug test
- Flavors might contain allergens
Organic CBD Oil: PureKana
PureKana Natural CBD Oil has a stellar reputation thanks to its use of organically grown US certified hemp and its state-of-the-art extraction process. The Oil drops are full spectrum meaning they use the entire plant with all its nutritional value, and it is free of pesticide, herbicide, and chemicals or any cbd oil tincture.
- Advanced extraction process
- Full-spectrum oil
- Made from GMO-free hemp grown in the US
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Ethical farming practices
- A bit more costly than some competitors
High Potency CBD Oil: Spruce CBD
Spruce CBD products use hemp from Colorado and Kentucky for the manufacturing of their products. They offer laboratory-grade CBD oil that is 100% organic, so it contains no preservatives, chemicals, or sweeteners. This potent CBD Oil is vegan and gluten-free. Spruce CBD products are tested by a third-party, independent laboratory to show that the products are free of biotoxins, heavy metals, pesticides, and herbicides. The large bottle of Lab Grade CBD Oil contains 2,400 mg. of CBD. This company also produces CBD oil specially formulated for dogs.
- Full-spectrum CBD of high quality
- Made from 100% pesticide-free organic hemp grown in the US
- No additives
- Oil also produced for canine friends in need
- High potency oil can taste bitter
- No non-THC options
Zero THC CBD Oil: Medterra
Medterra sources its hemp in Kentucky and they cultivate it under the guidelines of the Kentucky Department of Agricultural Industrial Hemp Pilot Program. Their CBD oil is 99% pure with some MCT oil (coconut oil). They use no genetically modified hemp or pesticides. The CBD extraction method employed is CO2 extraction which filters out any unnatural substances. Medterra oil concentrates have no scent or flavor and there is no THC content. As a result, those looking for CBD oil without THC will find this product a good choice. The oil tinctures are offered in varying strengths.
- Organic CBD hemp is grown in the U.S. with no pesticide use
- No GMO hemp used
- Third-party tests with results available to the public
- Pet products available
- No flavor options
CBD Oil with Zero Additives: CBDistillery
The CBDistillery CBD Oil is full-spectrum oil that is used sublingually. As full-spectrum oil, it is made with hemp extracts from the entire plant. It may contain trace amounts of THC up to 0.3%. CBDistillery offers various potencies of its oil from 250mg up to 5000mg, and they do offer a THC-free variant.
- Sourced from industrial hemp with no GMO
- Employ natural farming practices
- Both full-spectrum and 0% THC oils available
- Third-party tested
- A strong taste of hemp
Will CBD oil have any Side effects?
CBD appears to be safe when taken by mouth or under the tongue. Evidence exists showing that smaller doses daily for six months, and larger daily doses for four weeks, are safe and therefore do not cause harm. There are, however, some side effects that have been reported. These include:
- dry mouth
- low blood pressure
For pregnant women, cannabidiol is considered possibly unsafe; consequently, it may be a good idea to avoid it altogether during the pregnancy.
Where to Get CBD oil for Anxiety and Depression?
You can find CBD oil for anxiety for sale on any number of CBD oil manufacturers’ websites.
These five best CBD oils are available for purchase directly from their respective manufacturers. Some manufacturers will also offer distribution options through shops dedicated to selling CBD products. You can find our five best CBD oils are for sale at:
- Fab CBD Oil Drops
- PureKana Natural CBD Oil
- Spruce CBD Oil
- Medterra CBD oil
CBD Oil Buyer’s Guide
Besides, when buying a CBD oil product, it is important to read the product label. There are three principal types of CBD on the market and the type is on the label. They are:
- Isolate CBD which contains only CBD and no other cannabinoids
- Full-spectrum CBD that contains all cannabinoids in the hemp plant including up to 0,3% THC
- Broad-spectrum CBD which contains natural cannabinoids but no THC
- Further things that you will want to consider when preparing to buy include:
- Is the oil independently tested by a third-party and subsequently what do the lab results say?
- Are there other ingredients in the CBD oil, for example, allergens?
- Where is the hemp grown?
- Is the hemp organic or are pesticides used in its cultivation?
- Is the CBD oil tasteless or are there flavors available for purchase?
- What is the potency of the oil being sold?
When selecting cbd oil for anxiety or depression, this CBD oil Buyers Guide will assist you in identifying the best CBD oil for your personal needs.
In conclusion, CBD Oil can offer a multitude of health benefits for sufferers of anxiety and depression. It is important to select the best product for your personal needs, and likewise, after that, to identify the correct dosage.
Most certainly, a consultation with a trusted medical professional can assist in the selection and dosage requirements. To sum up, CBD oil offers some very promising benefits and that is to say, it is an exciting new treatment option.