CBD oil is pretty well-known for being an anti-inflammatory, and the healing benefits that come with it are not entirely restricted to internal digestion. Due to its soothing properties, it can easily be a great addition to any kind of hair care beauty routine. And plus, it’s also anti-aging which makes it a great option for lifelong care on hair.
How beneficial is CBD oil for hair?
CBD oil has high levels of vitamin E and fatty acids, which nourishes the scalp and gives the hair a lot more strength. This results in encouraging hair growth.
Inside the CBD oil are also the three omega acids (3, 6, and 9) which are known to help improve the quality of any issue regarding the scalp. Stronger scalp tissue equals hair follicles faster.
Here are a couple of benefits of CBD oil when it comes to hair:
- It enhances hair grown – CBD contains all the necessary nutrition to help boost your hair growth. Generally speaking, CBD helps stimulate the growth of hair through the ability of the scalp to absorb the fatty acids mentioned above (Omega-3, 6, and 9).
- It strengthens and protects your hair – Since hair strands are made of protein, experts always recommend protein treatment when it comes to broken hair. To put things into perspective, CBD contains all of the 21 amino acids that help moisturize and seal the cuticle. It’s also full of antioxidants, such as vitamins A, E, and C. This being said, it helps protect the hair from any kind of damage.
- Improves the scalp health – CBD is rich when it comes to calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and vitamin E. All of these combined are amazingly great for the scalp. And it’s also a natural anti-inflammatory – which makes it ideal when dealing with psoriasis and folliculitis. Additionally, it balances the scalp’s production of sebum (which you might know as oil). It does this whether it produces too much or too little.
How to use CBD oil for hair?
The easiest way you can use CBD oil for your hair is to start purchasing and using shampoos, conditioners, and other hair-care routines with the ones that contain CBD oil. You should look out for CBD-infused shampoos that are formulated for your particular hair type.
Once you find it, you should start using it.
It’s preferred to use it every time you wash or nourish your hair. This is pretty simple – it’s like a regular shampoo just with a couple of different ingredients inside. So, just to make things clear, you apply it on your hair and scrub it until it foams up. Then, you wash it down with water. Simple as that.
But, there are also products that are leave-in for lasting softness. These kinds of products improve the texture of your hair while simultaneously provide you with the benefits of CBD oil. Once you find one of those, here’s what you should do:
- Coat the hair and scalp with the product in order to maximize the use of it. This helps nourish both the skin and hair
- Leave it on for ~15 minutes (or check the label)
- Wash it down with warm water
There’s no guarantee that it will help you with hair growth, but it will definitely benefit you in a lot of other ways.