Hi Nikitta, welcome to VENTS! How have you been?
– I have been very well thank you. Just very busy but a good busy 😊
Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Dance In The Night“?
– I wrote “Dance in the night” about 2 years ago, it was one of the first songs I wrote after having a little time out from music, it re-lit my fire inside and I just remember feeling like I never left music or took time out. I give it so much respect and love for that and it always makes me feel so happy so I thought why not share that happiness! It is an uplifting song that targets all ages, It’s definitely a feel good song – one for the summer 🙌🏽
Did any event in particular inspired you to write this song?
– I got sent the beginning parts of the production when I was sitting in my garden and I remember thinking at that time this production reminds me of the beach with a lit fire and just dancing under the stars. Then that’s when the lyrics came to me“Dance in the night”
Any plans to release any sort of video for the single?
– Yes there is a video to follow it will be out in a few weeks. I tried to keep it to my vision as much as possible but was hard to get to a warm beach at that time 😆
How was the recording and writing process?
– Magical! I felt alive. My artist juices were on another level.
Do you tend to take a different approach when writing for someone else rather than for your own?
– Yes I would love to write for other artists or co-write, writing is one of the best parts about being an artist for me, I’m lucky Iv always dabbled in writing many genres of music.
What role does Glasgow play in your music?
– A very big part! I had my first Singing lesson ,My first ever gig and wrote my first ever song all in Glasgow , Lots of great memories 🙏🏽
Does the new single mean we can expect a new material – how’s that coming along?
– Yes! My album is called “No Genre” I deliberately named it that as all my songs are different genres of music. I was not willing to change that and just make music all one genre because it’s the thing to do, I stayed true to my heart!
Any tentative release date or title in mind?
– No date yet, I’m just enjoying the wave with “Dance in the night” at the moment and embracing the love it’s been getting But definitely soon.
What else is happening next in Nikitta’s world?
– I’m growing! And only the higher power knows what will happen next for me but whatever it is I’m ready! 👊🏽