When it comes to your child graduating high school, it is one of the major milestones in their life that every parent should celebrate. In order to honor the day where your child completed this phase in their lives, it is prudent to throw a graduation party and invite the people who matter to you and your child. There are a lot of things that should be taken care of when it comes to making invitations for high school grad announcements or parties.
Dos of Graduation Announcements:
There are a few things that should be done in a graduation announcement. Some of them are:
- The graduation envelope should be behind address and not print it to make it look more genuine and intimate.
- Address envelopes formally and use only a black or blue ink.
- If anyone shows up with a gift advise your child to send them thank you notes as a sign of gratitude.
- If there’s anything that you would like to avoid on the party, like bringing gifts or alcohol, you should mention it on the invitation.
Don’ts of Graduation Announcements:
There are also a lot of things that you need to avoid before sending the graduation party invitation to people:
- Do not send the invitation a day or two before. Send it at least two weeks before the ceremony.
- Avoid addressing the guests by their first name.
- Always include a stamped envelope for RSVP.
- Invite only the people who are close to you and your child, like immediate family and friends.
Who to Send the Party Invitations?
A lot of us know that graduation ceremonies of almost all the institutions allow only a limited number of people to attend. A graduation ceremony is mostly attended by parents of the graduate. However, if the family of the graduate plans to throw a party at their homes, they can invite the people they are close to including immediate family, friends, and acquaintances. Most eastern families tend to invite a whole bunch of people who are not even remotely related to the graduate. So, it is best to invite the people you are most close to and who would genuinely deserve to join the party of your graduate child.
Sending Thank You Notes:
Sending a thank you note to people who attended your high school grad announcements or party and bought gifts is a sign of gratitude and a great upbringing. The thank you notes don’t have to be fancy. Make it simple and hand-written as to show the warmth and gratefulness. For example, if you were sent a gift card of any book shop, you could write in a thank you note that you would think about them every time you would read a book from that store and that it contributed a lot in your academic skills. Whatever you do, make sure you sound personal and genuine. A little lighthearted humor will also be app