Women are amazing multi-taskers. And although they can successfully accomplish many things while being under insurmountable amounts of stress, sometimes the pain and discomfort of PMS and menstrual cramps can take even the strongest woman out of the game.
While there are many over-the-counter remedies for PMS and menstrual cramping, some are simply not effective at alleviating the symptoms associated with PMS or the pain that comes with menstrual cramps. Still, others contain unnecessary chemicals and additives that can do more harm than good in the long-run.
Moreover, even though birth control pills are prescribed to both prevent pregnancy and help with PMS and menstrual cramps, many women cannot handle the surge of hormones and overwhelming mood swings that they bring about.
Promising research, however, has been conducted on the pain-relieving properties of CBD oil. To date, CBD is continuing to grow in popularity among consumers as a safe, effective, natural pain relief remedy.
How We Came Up with Our Best CBD Oil for PMS and Menstrual Cramps List
In order to make this article complete, we first needed to compile a long list of various CBD oil brands that are on today’s market. And because of CBD’s recent rise in popularity, our list became very lengthy.
We then individually researched every brand by scouring customer reviews on CBD oil products, how each company sourced and produced its extracts, whether or not the company used a third-party laboratory to test its products, and much more.
In light of what we discovered, we started taking company names off of our list until we were left with a few solid brands that met our strict criteria.
We then distilled our list down even more until we were left with the top 3 names in CBD that you will find listed further down in this article.
Lastly, our list would not be complete had we not also read documented reports from respected CBD journalists, niche experts, and real CBD users.
What We Were Looking For:
In narrowing our long list of CBD brands, we reviewed every brand and its products for:
- Menstrual cramp and PMS pain relief. We specifically wanted to know how effective each brand was at alleviating different types of pain from menstrual cramps and PMS symptoms.
- Sources of hemp.
- The company’s processing facilities and if they met stringent FDA guidelines.
- Whether the products are made of full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, or isolate extracts.
- The THC levels that were left in the final products once they were placed on shelves.
- If the company lab-tested its products and made those results readily available to consumers.
- Dosage and usage instructions that the company provides its customers.
- The company’s overall reputation and customer reviews.
- If the company offered conclusive, concise, trustworthy information about CBD — what it is, how it works, its benefits, etc.
After considering all of these variables, we then shortened our list down to the following three brands.
Best CBD Oils For Pain for Sale
#1 FAB CBD Oil
FAB was first founded in 2017. The company’s mission is to create a quality, reliable, line of CBD products for everyone to enjoy.
The company’s founder and its staff have many years of experience in the health, nutrition, and fitness niches. All of FAB CBD’s products are crafted in accordance with the company’s highest standards. FAB’s line of CBD oils comes in various strengths and flavors. The company also sells a topical cream, CBD gummies, CBD dog treats, and a brand new line of superfoods.
All of the FAB’s products are made from Colorado’s finest organic hemp. FAB creates its top-shelf extracts by using a highly-preferred, solvent-free CO2 extraction process.
The end results are ultra-clean extracts that are rich in terpenes and beneficial cannabinoids that allow consumers to reap all of hemp’s numerous health benefits.
FAB is clearly the best CBD oil for PMS and menstrual cramp pain in many ways:
- Selection: FAB offers oils in different flavors and strengths, a topical CBD cream, CBD gummies, a line of non-CBD superfoods, and much more. Because of its large selection of products, FAB gives its customers many ways to treat discomfort and pain. FAB’s full-spectrum CBD oil works on a cellular level to calm inflammation, while its topical cream alleviates the pain stemming from muscle and joint aches. The company’s CBD gummies are a great option for handling visceral pain because the gummies provide extended relief through a single dose.
- Organic, full-spectrum hemp: In order to create the extract used in all of its products, FAB sources its organically-grown hemp from Colorado. All of FAB’s hemp is grown using state-of-the-art growing, extraction, and cloning practices and equipment so that the company can guarantee its customers products that contain high-quality raw materials and a superior end product.
- Third-party lab testing: All of FAB’s products are tested using third-party laboratory ProVerde Laboratories. The company also makes those test results easily available to its customers through its website.
- Money-back guarantee: All customers are offered a 30-day, money-back guarantee on each of FAB’s products, making this a great option for customers who are trying CBD products for the very first time.
- Great tasting oil flavors in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg.
- Top-rated CBD gummies.
- Superior customer service.
- Secure and speedy shipping.
- Vegan superfood options available.
- Free shipping on all orders over $89.
- No shipping to Canada or the UK.
- No options for auto-ship or subscription memberships for regular orders.
You can buy Fabcbd products here
CBDistillery was started by Colorado natives. The company’ mission is to craft high-quality, fairly-priced CBD products from hemp grown within the United States.
- Selection: CBDistillery offers a variety of full-spectrum oils, creams, vapes, capsules and isolates.
- Clean products: All of CBDistillery’s products are full-spectrum, non-GMO, third-party lab tested, and US Hemp Authority certified.
- All products are tested by a third-party lab and those results are made available to customers by scanning the QR codes on every product they purchase.
- Even though most of the company’s products are full-spectrum, they do have some CBD isolate offerings.
- Products are available online and in stores.
- Large selection of product options including oils, vapes, creams, capsules, soft-gels, and gummies.
- Reported shipping delays.
- Oil droppers tend to be flimsy, which means there is a potential waste of CBD oil.
- Company contact information is not easily able to find on the website.
Purekana is a relatively young company as it was first founded in 2018. Not much is known about the company’s founders from searching on its website. Purekana’s mission is to bring high-quality CBD-based products onto the CBD marketplace and also educate consumers on the benefits of hemp extract.
The company, based in Scottsdale, Arizona, uses new strains of industrialized hemp that has more flowers and cannabinoid concentrations than regular hemp. Though their product line may seem sparse, the company does this as a means of offering customers higher-quality products.
- Clean Products: All of Purekana’s CBD is sourced from organically cultivated seeds that are GMO-free. The company also uses a highly-preferred, clean CO2 extraction process.
- Third-Party Lab Testing: Each of Purekana’s products are tested by third-party laboratory, ProVerde Labs.
- Uses organic farming methods.
- Non-GMO hemp
- Some products are offered as an isolate upon request
- Money-back guarantee if not satisfied
- Free shipping throughout the US
- Not much product variety
- Slow customer service
- Slow delivery
- Lab results often hard to find
How Menstrual Pain is Caused and What CBD Can Do to Help Calm Cramps and the Symptoms of PMS
When a woman experiences cramping during her menstrual cycle, the muscles of the uterus clench and relax as a way to shed the uterine lining in a more efficient manner. This clenching typically results in cramping and abdominal pain and discomfort that most women experience during menstruation.
For women who have been diagnosed with endometriosis, irregular pelvic inflammation, or non-cancerous growths, cramping can be excruciating because both the swelling and obstructions from these conditions make the shedding of the uterine lining especially difficult.
The good news is that CBD has many anti-inflammatory properties that help alleviate and control pain caused by prostaglandins, or the compounds in the body that signal the uterus to contract.
For those that may not know, prostaglandins reach a maximum peak during menstruation. Some of the uncomfortable symptoms that prostaglandins produce are:
- Heavy bleeding
- Strong uterine contractions
- Excessive sensitivity to pain
Full-spectrum CBD products can help with these issues because they have relaxing and pain-relieving properties that cause abdominal muscles to relax and stop aggressively contracting.
Conversely, premenstrual syndrome, or PMS comes with its own array of signs and symptoms including:
- Mood swings
- Breast tenderness
- Food cravings
A recent study shows that CBD can be beneficial in calming anxiety, so it’s not surprising that CBD could also have the potential to help with the irritability, depression, and mood swings associated with PMS.
Benefits of CBD Oil for PMS and Menstrual Cramps
A new study has found that CBD inhibits the enzyme that produces prostaglandins. CBD works very much like NSAIDs do, but will not cause any stomach upset. Furthermore, not only will CBD inhibit the enzyme responsible for prostaglandins over time, research has shown that it will prevent the body’s DNA from making large amounts of the enzyme.
Interestingly, continued research shows that both CBD and THC are more effective than NSAIDs at tackling tough PMS, menstrual pain, and overall inflammation.
CBD, otherwise known as cannabidiol, is naturally found within both the marijuana and hemp of cannabis. Unlike cannabis’ other chemical compound, THC, or tetrahydrocannabinol, CBD will not cause you to feel a euphoric high.
In general, CBD has a host of benefits associated with it that help to alleviate different types of pain by preventing inflammatory agents from circulating through body systems. Among some of the ways CBD helps pain and inflammation are that it reduces inflammation, alleviates pain, and improves discomfort from both medical and health-related conditions.
Research shows that along with reducing pain in women with PMS and menstrual cramps, individuals with other medical conditions also saw a reduction in pain and inflammation.
Some conditions, along with PMS and menstrual cramps, that CBD can help to improve are:
- Fibromyalgia pain
- Muscle spasms in Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Chronic pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Arthritis pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Chronic inflammation
- Low back pain
- Neuropathic pain
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ) pain
What You Should Consider When Buying CBD Oil for PMS and Menstrual Cramps
In light of CBD’s recent rise in popularity, there has been an influx of new CBD brands out on the market today. Because of this, it’s of utmost importance to remember that not all CBD brands are created equal.
If you’re thinking about making CBD oil a regular part of your health regimen, please take these few points into consideration:
- Where CBD companies source their hemp from. All cannabis grown in Asia and Europe are not held to the same standards as hemp that’s grown in the United States.
- How much THC is in a product. THC naturally occurs in cannabis, but all CBD products created and sold within the United States can only legally contain less than 0.3% THC in them. A good rule of thumb is to always select products from companies that abide by this law, as any other products that have over 0.3% THC will be illegal.
- Know what the difference is between full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolates. Full-spectrum products will give the most benefits because they contain a wide-array of terpenes, cannabinoids, and other hemp actives in them. These products may be more effective because all these compounds work together in an entourage effect to synergistically interact with each other in the body.
- Research a company’s products so that you know what else could be in them. Some tinctures, edibles, and cosmedics can also have flavoring agents, preservatives, and other non-beneficial ingredients in them. Therefore, you should always select products that are certified organic and that are made from all-natural ingredients.
- Always purchase from companies who use third-party lab testing to test their products and that make that testing easily available to customers. Third-party lab test results allow you to know exactly what it is that you are putting inside your body.
What’s The Best CBD Dosage for PMS and Menstrual Cramps?
As with any natural supplement, proper dosing with CBD oil is also imperative.
Firstly, it’s best to keep in mind that everyone’s body is different. There is no right dose for one single person. Therefore, what may be effective for you, might not be work for someone else.
Higher is not always better with CBD. Typically, mid-range doses offer more benefits than low or high doses.
Beginners should start by taking a single daily 5mg dose for about one week before reassessing and potentially increasing the dose. When a dose needs to be increased, it should be done gradually. Remember: low and slow is the best way to go.
Every time the dose is increased, stay with the new dose for at least one week before increasing again. Your body needs adequate time to adjust to the new dosage.
If you are new to CBD, then begin with a ½ dropper of FAB CBD’s 300mg CBD oil once per day. This will equal about 5mg.
After one week, reassess and see how you feel. If you feel as if you need more CBD oil, then begin taking ½ dropper twice daily to equal about 10mg a day.
If CBD oil isn’t your thing, then why not try FAB’s line of vegan CBD gummies or some of FAB’s fresh-scented CBD topical cream? A single gummy contains 25mg of CBD and absorbs slower and differently into the body than CBD oil.
Topicals are a lot less complicated. Since they do not enter into the bloodstream, you can feel free to use as much as you need as often as you need to. This might be helpful for women who want to use the cream on their abdomens to help alleviate some of the belly discomfort associated with menstrual cramps and/or PMS.
Can CBD Be Purchased Legally Online?
In short, yes, purchasing CBD online is legal across the United States as long as the CBD has been sourced from non-intoxicating cannabis that has less than 0.3% of THC in them.
This type of cannabis is typically known as hemp, and has been specifically bred to contain low amounts of THC. Any CBD products that contain more than 0.3% THC are illegal unless purchased in states that have legalized cannabis.
Final Thoughts On CBD Oil for PMS and Menstrual Cramps
In-depth research and numerous studies have proven that CBD oil has great potential to help alleviate pain and inflammation from a variety of medical and health conditions including PMS and menstrual cramps.
These days, an increasing number of consumers are looking toward natural methods to help them reduce different types of pain. Moreover, CBD oil is a safe, natural alternative over prescription birth control pills that can cause hormone fluctuations and distressing mood swings.
In addition, once the PMS and menstrual cramps have passed, CBD oil can continue to be used to help relieve other issues such as headaches, muscle aches, anxiety, insomnia, migraine headaches, and much more.
CBD continues to grow in popularity because it has minimal side-effects, does not have any unwanted intoxicating effects, is not addictive like prescription painkillers, and will not cause irritation to organs like NSAIDs. Therefore, more women are turning to CBD as a means of helping them deal with symptoms of PMS and pain stemming from menstrual cramps.
If you are unsure of where to start when it comes to purchasing CBD for PMS and menstrual cramps, a good place to begin is by checking out some of the companies mentioned in this article.
Lastly, if you are thinking about trying CBD oil for PMS and menstrual cramps, you should first discuss the topic with your primary care doctor or gynecologist/OBGYN so that he or she can help you figure out the best starting dose.