Can you talk to us more about your latest single “Back In The Day”?
– Back in the Day is about a group of childhood friends who’ve parted ways with the progression of time and have gotten busy with their lives. It was written by a very close friend of mine and the moment I saw the lyrics, I couldn’t resist composing it. I related to it a lot.
Did any event in particular inspire you to write this song?
– Well its a song on friends and has been written by a very close friend from childhood. We have lived the song in the past. It has a very personal touch to it but I figured this is the back story of almost everyone between the ages 25-35 at the moment. I might be wrong with the ages though I would like to believe that its a very relatable song for the mass.
Any plans to release a video for the single?
– The official music video has released on my Youtube channel and the song itself has been distributed worldwide by ‘Believe Music’. The video was very beautifully conceptualised and shot by ‘The Fictionary’.
How was the recording and writing process?
– Since the song has a very personal touch I figured Ill involve my friend in the music production process. I got him with me to Mumbai where the both of us sat through the music production process of the song. The writing, well..its a story of my childhood written by that friend with whom Ive spent most of my childhood days. It cannot go wrong.
What role does Mumbai play in your music?
– Mumbai doesn’t really have a role here since Ive lived this song in my childhood, most of which was spent in Kolkata.
How has Bon Jovi and Eric Clapton influenced your writing?
– Well I take a lot of inspiration from them but such work is still a work in progress. ‘Back in the Day’ hasn’t been influenced by them.
Does the new single mean we can expect a new material – how’s that coming along?
– Yes since ‘Back in the Day’ has been received so well. It has over 500k views already. It has also made it to Billboard’s playlist of upcoming Rock Artists, in-fact it was on No1. I consider this a massive achievement. It has definitely motivated me to write a lot more in English.
Any tentative release date or title in mind? Any plans to hit the road?
– Yes the next single will probably have a very personal touch to it as well though it would relate to a-lot of people I believe. Its still a work in progress, hopefully next month. Keeping my fingers crossed.
What else is happening next in Aaryan’s world?
– Well just working on getting some content out for the fans. It was great to be recognised on an international forum (Bill-Board), really thrilled and motivated to work on more English originals at the moment.